Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Additional outlet in kitchen

I am revisiting the added outlet for our coffee machine for newer members. I tied into the microwave/convection oven outlet, as it is a 20 amp dedicated circuit. It is capable of running the coffee machine as well as the microwave at the same time. If you had the convection oven and microwave running full bore, maybe not. We have never tripped the breaker since I installed it, and we use both the Coffee machine and the microwave in the mornings. You could also plug in a waffle maker there. (One heavy load at a time)
A simple wiring job, but change the cheap outlet out and install a good quality 20 amp duplex receptacle. The pictures tell the story.
Microwave outlet;
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_0523.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_0519.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_0518.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_0527.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_0525.jpg

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Ozz-I too am anxious to have another kitchen outlet for the breakfast routine. One of the outlets on the counter is on the same circuit as all the outlets in the living area making it next to useless for the coffee maker or toaster. I would like to use the washer-dryer circuit as we have nothing on it. However the fuse box is forward of the door and I need to run a line from it to the kitchen which is aft of the door. Any ideas how to do this? If not I will install the outlet as you have detailed using the microwave circuit.
berridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Don installed another circuit and put the fire place, TV and electronics on that one. This helps but we didn't trip the breakers before but this will work better. Gets all of that off the kitchen circuit.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Nice job Ozz....the way you phrased the thread title I thought you had figured out a way to get another A/C outlet in the kitchen. Ours has the duct on the table side of the overhead cabinet. DW has complained more than once about the heat on the kitchen side with no air circulation from the A/C when cooking meals.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by berridge

Ozz-I too am anxious to have another kitchen outlet for the breakfast routine. One of the outlets on the counter is on the same circuit as all the outlets in the living area making it next to useless for the coffee maker or toaster. I would like to use the washer-dryer circuit as we have nothing on it. However the fuse box is forward of the door and I need to run a line from it to the kitchen which is aft of the door. Any ideas how to do this? If not I will install the outlet as you have detailed using the microwave circuit.
I would go ahead and duplicate my mod on this, there is no downside, as I can see it. I would have to actually see your Monte, as mine is totally different. It would be a job running wire from the breaker box to your desired location. Good luck with this.
Ozz
Old 06-24-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Charlie

Nice job Ozz....the way you phrased the thread title I thought you had figured out a way to get another A/C outlet in the kitchen. Ours has the duct on the table side of the overhead cabinet. DW has complained more than once about the heat on the kitchen side with no air circulation from the A/C when cooking meals.
You can cut in another outlet in the ceiling, if your air conditioner is ducted, then direct it toward your hot spot.
Again, I am not familiar with your floor plan, but I would think it would work.
Ozz