Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Message "holder" ideas?

Hi all,
Anyone have an innovative idea for attaching a message board on the RV? Or???? Our park insists on putting park notices on our door by using scotch tape!! Not one little piece... two strips, I have asked them not to do that but........ I've told them that scotch tape and the hot NV sun is NOT good! I do not want to attach anything with screws ect.Right now I have a sign cliped to a metal clip and attatched to the awning arm with tie wraps, but the wind blows every day here and I'm sure it will end up across the park.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Chris

Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:54 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
How about glueing two strong magnets to a metal box, stick it on the right side of the steps bracket.
Or...a rock on top of the message on a step.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
In the CG we stay at in Florida one couple bought a small waste basket with a spring loaded lid which they placed along side of the steps. On the outside of the basket, in BOLD print, they had written "Please place any mail or newsletters in basket".

In the mean time, I would suggest that you put something in writing to park management explaining that any damage done to your rig by the tape will be the responsibility of the park and that you do expect them to pay any bill to get any such damage repaired. That rig is your private property and tapping a note to your private property is totally unacceptable.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:11 AM   #4
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

How about glueing two strong magnets to a metal box, stick it on the right side of the steps bracket.
Or...a rock on top of the message on a step.
Ahhh Ozz,
Why did I know you would come up with something ??? I did mention the rock on the steps thing to the managers and also why not hand the notices out with the rent reciept. Makes sense to me BUT....ya know! A small metal mailbox would look nice too. Hmmmmm thanks again !!!
Chris
Old 06-23-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

In the CG we stay at in Florida one couple bought a small waste basket with a spring loaded lid which they placed along side of the steps. On the outside of the basket, in BOLD print, they had written "Please place any mail or newsletters in basket".

In the mean time, I would suggest that you put something in writing to park management explaining that any damage done to your rig by the tape will be the responsibility of the park and that you do expect them to pay any bill to get any such damage repaired. That rig is your private property and tapping a note to your private property is totally unacceptable.
That's a good idea also. There is an RV across from me that has had notices(two) taped on his door for days now and he is not home.I have no idea why they didn't at "least" tape the second notice on the first! Go figure.I agree it is totaly unacceptable!
Thanks
Chris