Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Boon-docking
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
Montana_6137

M.O.C. #6137
Toliets

I just bought a 2006 Montana with 4 slides, the 3400 series.
My problem is the toliet. I started getting slugish, and stopping up.
I tried plunging, and snaking. It would work for a wile, and the the same thing over. I also noticed a lot of air being sucked in, and pushed out when flushed. Sometimes it would squirt water out of the bowl. The dealer was no help. I decuded that maybe the vent was plugged. I ran my snake throught it, and felt some resistance. I pushed, and whatever it was moved. I haven't had any further problems.
Has anyone else had any problems, or thoughts on this problem??

Montana_6137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Sounds like you had some kind of a nest (bee, wasp, small bird) in the vent pipe.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That does sound like a plugged vent. Glenn is possibly correct on this. The other possibility is you are getting a pyramid buildup of paper, if you're not putting enough water down the drain when you flush. Been there. It's not fun. If you think this might be a problem then trip on down to your RV dealer and buy some tissue digester. Follow the directions precisely. It works. I tried all the other solutions suggested, like put ice cubes in there and take a drive, etc. Once it gets that bad, only the tissue digester worked for me. Yours may well be the vent, though.

Did you run the snake down the vent from the roof?

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote