Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Do any of you set up at Flea markets?

We will try the selling, at our campground, they have a Flea market every Saturday morning, and in the big city of Tonopah Az., 3 gas stations.. they set up a Flea market as well.
Sue has made tons of stuff, I will try to sell my spiders, marine Corps Lanyards, survival bracelets (Paracord) and my Cactus wall hangers.
Just wondering if you folks do this? It was really polular at Lake Havasu.
Here is my making of the Cactus:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue13/20120918Cactus?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
WePull

M.O.C. #9221
That's cool. Might be interested in a cactus.
Mac
WePull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We set up and sold at Canton First Monday Trade Days, the "World's Largest Flea Market," in Canton, Texas, for about 10 years and had a WONDERFUL time doing so. We loved meeting the people who came through, and we loved the money we made! Unfortunately, now that we're full-timers, we don't have room to keep on hand all the merchandise (antiques, collectibles, books) that we used to bring and sell in our booths, about 30 tables-worth of things. However, we still hope to sell on a much smaller scale in the future. Selling on the road is a lot of work, but it's so much fun that it's worth the effort.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Carolyn, the room for storage is the big factor, isn't it? Sue has a ton of jewelery, really neat stuff she made, so it doesn't take much room. She has been cranking it out like a sweat shop intern.
I figure it will keep her out of the bars... :0
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #5
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Carolyn, the room for storage is the big factor, isn't it? Sue has a ton of jewelery, really neat stuff she made, so it doesn't take much room. She has been cranking it out like a sweat shop intern.
I figure it will keep her out of the bars... :0
You just got swatted by her...........lol
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We'll be in it with you this winter. Joyce is getting her "Santa" collection ready to sell and I'll be working on my cards. We've been researching credit card processors and so far Square, Go Payment, Pay Anywhere and Phone swipe all seem popular with the vendors. They all plug into the head phone jack on your phone or IPad and you can take credit cards and get instant approval right on the spot. I'll start a thread and see if anyone has experience.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dave, at this point in our relationship she just rolls her eyes..no hope for me at all..
Old 09-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

We'll be in it with you this winter. Joyce is getting her "Santa" collection ready to sell and I'll be working on my cards. We've been researching credit card processors and so far Square, Go Payment, Pay Anywhere and Phone swipe all seem popular with the vendors. They all plug into the head phone jack on your phone or IPad and you can take credit cards and get instant approval right on the spot. I'll start a thread and see if anyone has experience.
Wow, we would be interested in learning more about that. I am hoping Pay Pal can be used, as we have an account there.
Only problem is that I, and my phone as well are not smart..