Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
Old Swede
Established Member

M.O.C. #8407
RV sewer system pump and grinder

I have property on an environmental lake in Minnesota. Sewer treatment must be 150 feet from water edge.
I use my Montana as a guest house on the lake , it is 50 feet from water edge.
I have heard of a waste water pumping system that grinds and pumps the black tank residue. I will have to pump about 150 feet to the sewer system. The ground is flat
Has anyone used a system or has knowledge of a system , they would care to pass information along ? Thank you

Old Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Don-- Are you talking about the Sewer Solution that Camping World has? It has been discussed on this forum. To check and see if that is what you want go to the search engine on the maim page and key in Sewer Solution. You can also check with CW's web page and see if that tells you anything about it!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
The Sewer Solution instructions say that 30 ft horiz. and 3 ft vert are about the limit. I think a better system would be one of the macerater pumps would work better. Either the Sani-con system with enough hose or the Flo-jet waste pump with enough hose. Both of them have good pressure over long runs... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Old Swede

I have property on an environmental lake in Minnesota. Sewer treatment must be 150 feet from water edge.
I use my Montana as a guest house on the lake , it is 50 feet from water edge.
I have heard of a waste water pumping system that grinds and pumps the black tank residue. I will have to pump about 150 feet to the sewer system. The ground is flat
Has anyone used a system or has knowledge of a system , they would care to pass information along ? Thank you
We use a macerator pump. You can make your own setup or you can buy a complete macerator setup from Camping World. I have pumped black sewage almost 200 feet and up a hill. I have also pumped 100 feet up to an upstairs bathroom at a relatives house (they must be good friends). The macerator will pump the sewage through a 1/2" hose although they recommend 1".

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:48 AM   #5
Tincup703
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6385
I have the Clean Dump system. It is made up of a Flojet macerator pump and comes with 1" hose. Works great and you do not have to connect it to a water hose. Camping World sells them but you can get a better price online if you shop around.
Tincup703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:26 AM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I have been wondering about these type pumps. My concern would be not dumping the tank fast enough to remove the solid waste too, thus allowing buildup in the tank. Not sure the tank flush would have enough flow if you get too many solids there. What y'all think?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
av2pilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6348
Send a message via AIM to av2pilot
I bought a macerator pump off ebay and then the parts from clean dump. Cost about $175.00 doing it myself. I bought a boat inspection cover and put a hole in the side of the 3400 just aft of the control station door and installed a pull switch in with the other control items. I can run the flush hose wide open and the macerator pumps will pump it out faster than I can fill it up. Its probably the best mod you can make. WAY cleaner now.
av2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
I have used the Flowjet micro=grinder with great success.
All you would need to do is to go to 3/4" black poly hose.
Just put a garden hose ens on the trailer end.
Run a short hose from the Flowjet to the garden hose shut off.
Pump your black tank first and flush it.
Then run your gray and galley tank water to push the grounf up material to the tank.
It will work great.
Good Luck
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:35 AM   #9
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

I have been wondering about these type pumps. My concern would be not dumping the tank fast enough to remove the solid waste too, thus allowing buildup in the tank. Not sure the tank flush would have enough flow if you get too many solids there. What y'all think?
My experience has been that if you use the right chemical in the tank you will have no solids. The discharge from our black water tank is completely liquified, no solids, no toilet paper residue, nothing. The only problem you have with a macerator is if you (or someone else)drops anything down the toilet like those Tucks pads, they won't go through the macerator. In over five years of using our macerator (when needed) we have never had a black water tank build up due to the waste coming out slowly. One has to remember, the macerator pump, besides being a food and solid grinder, is also a pump and it will move material.

Orv
Old 07-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
This subject came up right on time as I am contemplating such a pump and now I need to hear from our MOCers which one is the best.

I also found this Google page.

These prices are all over the place. How's a novice supposed to figure which one to buy.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #11
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

This subject came up right on time as I am contemplating such a pump and now I need to hear from our MOCers which one is the best.

I also found this Google page.

These prices are all over the place. How's a novice supposed to figure which one to buy.
Glenn,
What I did when I began looking for a macerator, I checked the the prices of each one also and ended up buying one for $149.00 five years ago. I don't think you can go wrong with a ShurFlo or FloJet pump. I believe spending about $175.00 as shown on http://www.campingworld.com/category...sh-systems/250
would be about right. I think you know my philosophy: "You get what you pay for."

Orv
Old 08-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #12
rv_nut
Established Member

M.O.C. #6485
I have the Flojet macerator pump kit from Camping World ($225). It twists on the 3-inch oulet pipe on your RV and pumps out through a 3/4 inch contractor's garaden hose. I pump about 90 feet to the dump station on my seasonal site. It works great. I did have to run a 12-volt circuit from my battery back to the rear wall of my storage compartment. It drains my black tank in about 4-5 minutes. Even with the flusher going, it will empty the tank. I ususally partially fill and flush about 3 times to get the tank clean. Boy, this is much easier than dumping into a blue tank!

Even though you don't get the same "rush" (high flow rate) as the 3-inch hose dump, you can get the tank clean, using your rinse system. I haven't had any problems with solids buildup using this system.

Ken
rv_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #13
av2pilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6348
Send a message via AIM to av2pilot
I got all my equipment off the internet at www.maceratorpumps.com. Good luck!
av2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #14
abonzer
Established Member

M.O.C. #7370
I just bought one from CD RV parts. Searched the web and found the one I wanted for around 208.00 plus shipping. No tax if you are not in Californis.
Have used it twice and it great!

http://www.rvpartscenter.com/Product...ID=180&CID=606
abonzer is offline   Reply With Quote