Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2022, 04:37 PM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Need your input, please?

My Montana High Country has the Razzar television antenna on the roof. It's a good antenna. I have no issues with it..... except for the BUT!

It pulls in television reception great. It turns manually from inside the camper on the ceiling. BUT! this is my second one that is now broken.

The first one broke right at the 1 year mark and warranty replaced it with a new one. The plastic shaft that runs from the turn handle inside the camper to the actual antenna itself broke. Warranty and Razzar were great and getting me another identical one. And, like I've said, we've been very pleased with it and the reception we get.

The second one lasted until just a few weeks ago (over 2 more years) and has worked very well for us. I do like this antenna. BUT, the second one broke in the same spot, that plastic shaft connecting the turn knob inside the camper to the actual antenna.

OK, my warranty is now long gone, so now I'll need to purchase a new antenna. And I'm really struggling about buying another one identical to it, with the same flawed plastic shaft that doesn't hold up. Why they didn't make that a metal shaft is beyond me. But, I'm not getting another one, just to have it fail again in a year or two.

So, the question is, What would be a good alternative television antenna to replace this one with. My camper does not have the In-Command system or anything like that. The system is still old-school, it has a power booster with the green light and a push on-off button.

In my previous trailers, they all had the old fashioned bat-wing antennas. I really do not want to go back to that one, although I do believe they actually were the best.

So, thoughts please from anyone who's maybe swapped out antennas? What worked, what did not work so well.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote