Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2023 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2023, 02:02 PM   #61
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Glenna and Jim J- sounds good to me. Just not too early, ninish would work out. Gotta get some help to the front and some coffee in me. See you Wednesday.

Woodyswanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 03:12 PM   #62
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
John K- I'm not sure who will be there Tuesday morning. Where are you staying the night of the fifth? Now Wednesday morning is a whole other ball game. In fact it's the super bowl of parking days. Can you come in on Wednesday?
Old 07-02-2023, 03:30 PM   #63
Milijose@embarqmail.com
Established Member

M.O.C. #25226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodyswanch View Post
You knew it was going to happen. Just like the sun rises in the east, the spring follows the winter, and penguins taste like chicken, the inevitable is coming to Goshen. And I'm not talking about a bacon and avocado omelette at the Lux. We're talking about one of the most exclusive groups known to the mostly mid-northern central-eastern part of Indiana. Nothing comes close within hundreds of yards. If you're thinking of the MOC Rally 2023 Parking Team, you would be right on the money. (something I still haven't seen from last years participants but I can dream can't I)

And this year we have a special treat. Due to the fact that seven days is too few, and eight days still didn't cut it, we seem to have the vast majority of campers wanting to come in on the sixth. About three quarters last I heard. Good for us. And now for the treat. The WMs have arranged to get us ten camping sites in the 400 loop to allow early arrivals for parking volunteers. This means that those that will be available for parking duties on Wednesday can come and set up on Tuesday. You will have to pay the WMs cash money (30$, I think) for Tuesday night. You will also have to help out (a lot) on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday will be a breeze but until we can get more of our team on site we will be busy.

This is a one time good deal because we're only doing it once this year.

And now for something completely different. We're not using this thread for signups. There will be a link at the end of this post to click on for signing up. It is a new procedure that I haven't worked with yet. It may preclude my thanking those that sign up in an expeditious manner. Sorry about that. I'll see what I can do.

You can still ask questions on this thread, as far as I know. I will also post instructions, updates, and answers on this thread. Stand by for multiple cut and pastes.

As was done before, a few golf carts will be loaned to us from the WMs for parking duty. If you rent/have one you can use it and lower the per mile cost of it. Electric bikes also will help.

Please include in the notes portion of the sign up thingy your date of arrival and if AM or PM. I will allocate the first ten spots Tuesday based on time of sign up. I will also keep track of a standby list in case of cancellations. Naturally those coming in on Wednesday will have priority parking so we can put you to work.

Job descriptions and arrival instructions will be posted in a future post. So the post that will have the posted material will post separately.

Would the first or second person who uses the following link let me know if it works. I don't know if I did it right. I'm an analog guy in a digital age.
Funny though, center fire primers always work.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

I will be there early but I commit to the golf carts if I can help in something else let me know
Milijose@embarqmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 04:46 PM   #64
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Milijose-Thanks, Don't forget to sign up on the signup page. It's the link on the bottom of the first post.
Old 07-03-2023, 04:59 AM   #65
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Bobby V-Put on a good charge and see you Wednesday. Be sure to mention that you're helping out to park when you get signed in. You too know a guy. Thanks
Old 07-03-2023, 05:06 AM   #66
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Dennis P- Just saw you had to cancel. Bummer. You can still wear last years merit badge and we'll work on a new one next year. At least my social security is still being funded.
Old 07-03-2023, 06:12 AM   #67
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
I'm going to change my arrival dateto Sept. 5 Tuesday. Also would like the AM if possible. No big deal if not.

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 07:38 AM   #68
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Fogies View Post
I'm going to change my arrival dateto Sept. 5 Tuesday. Also would like the AM if possible. No big deal if not.

Just to be clear. We will not be parking rigs on the fifth. The WMs and a limited few Parking Team volunteers will be able to stay the night of the fifth in the park. This was done to get the ball rolling Wednesday morning. Most of the campground will not be open until the sixth. The previous rally (600 rigs I think) will leave hose and cables strewn every where and that needs to be cleaned up by park maintenance. Also mowing, trash removal, etc. If you are staying some where close and want to come in Wednesday morning , that would be great. I hope this helps with your planning.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:41 AM   #69
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Bobby V- please read the above post.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:33 AM   #70
Dalder
Established Member

M.O.C. #22957
Hey Woody I signed up a few days ago however that captcha thing, which they should rename to “Gotcha”, didn’t let it go through however I am now officially registered as a volunteer on the illustrious parking team!!! After reading the thread I realized I missed including our arrival date which is on the sixth however if there is a chance to come in on the 5th I can be there 1st thing the 6th. Also have a golf cart!

Anyway looking forward to it again this year! See you then!

Dennis
Dalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 10:52 AM   #71
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalder View Post
Hey Woody I signed up a few days ago however that captcha thing, which they should rename to “Gotcha”, didn’t let it go through however I am now officially registered as a volunteer on the illustrious parking team!!! After reading the thread I realized I missed including our arrival date which is on the sixth however if there is a chance to come in on the 5th I can be there 1st thing the 6th. Also have a golf cart!

Anyway looking forward to it again this year! See you then!

Dennis

Yeah, it's all greek to me. I wish we could bring you in on the fifth but we only had so many slots. The morning of the sixth would definitely work out. Are you going to be staying somewhere close on the Fifth? Tuesday night we're going to have a dry run with whoever we can gather together to show some changes. More of a social thing than a work thing. Of course when have we ever called this work? See you soon. You could probably drop your cart off on Tuesday if that would help.
Old 07-05-2023, 01:33 PM   #72
Dalder
Established Member

M.O.C. #22957
We will be in Middlebury IN for a few days before. If I had a generator we would just park in the parking lot out of the way on the 5th and park whenever. I will gladly drive over and help out on the 5th and be there for the dry run.
Dalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 02:51 PM   #73
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalder View Post
We will be in Middlebury IN for a few days before. If I had a generator we would just park in the parking lot out of the way on the 5th and park whenever. I will gladly drive over and help out on the 5th and be there for the dry run.

Sounds good. Around 7PM.
Old 07-05-2023, 05:52 PM   #74
Dratlief
Established Member

M.O.C. #29012
Send a message via Yahoo to Dratlief
Parking Team Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodyswanch View Post
Sounds good. Around 7PM.
Does the parking team volunteers need colored safety vest?
Dennis Ratlief
Dratlief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 04:31 AM   #75
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratlief View Post
Does the parking team volunteers need colored safety vest?
Dennis Ratlief

We have some that were donated by camping world (I think). Fewer every year. If you have one at home or need a full figured one like some of us than by all means bring your own. I don't think the ones we have are dry cleaned every year. We don't really wear them from the safety stand point, but more for the recognition factor when helping people park. Either way it's a good idea to wear one. And they make all that gray hair just sparkle.
Old 07-06-2023, 08:09 AM   #76
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
It was raining hard in Goshen
I needed one more rig to make my night
A Monty up ahead waved to flag me down
We went in at the gate

Oh, Where you going to my camper blue
It's a shame you got caught up in the rain
They just looked out the window
Asking why they didn't hear the train

Something about them looked familiar
I could swear I 'd seen their rig before
But they said I'm sure you're mistaken
And they didn't say anything more

It took awhile but they looked in the mirror
And they glanced at the wands in my hands
A smile seemed to come to them slowly
It was a glad smile just the same

And they said we've made the rally
I said you're finally here
Through the too many miles and too little smiles
It's time to have a beer

And they camped happily ever after because they used the Parking Team to get to their site. The Parking team that can still use a few more volunteers.
Old 07-07-2023, 05:44 AM   #77
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
David T- Thanks for volunteering. Where are you staying on the fifth? If you are close and want to come to the dry run at seven on the fifth we'll see you then. If not, see you on the morning of the sixth.
Old 07-07-2023, 08:03 AM   #78
Payrollpatty
Established Member

M.O.C. #18749
Wayne Heflin commits to being there on the 5th to help park campers.
Payrollpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 08:17 AM   #79
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payrollpatty View Post
Wayne Heflin commits to being there on the 5th to help park campers.

Wayne H- Please see the following post.
Old 07-07-2023, 08:32 AM   #80
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
So, just to be clear. We will not be parking any rigs on the fifth. We have a few "Parking Team" volunteers that were selected on the basis of first to sign up that will be allowed in on the fifth. This is being done to get the ball rolling on the sixth. Without these volunteers and the ones that will be arriving the morning of the sixth we would not be able to handle the 111 or so Montys arriving on the sixth.

The campground has a major rally just prior to ours. Something like 600 rigs. The park lays down temporary electric and water lines to accommodate those rigs. The park also has a very small maintenance department (you'll probably only see one guy) to pick up the water and electric lines, cut the grass, pick up trash, and whatever else needs to be done. There will not be any available sites other than the prearranged ones. This is park policy. We were lucky to get the ones we did.

Having said all that. We still need volunteers. Anyone that can get in the morning of the sixth would be greatly appreciated. We are also going to have a dry run informational meeting on Tuesday night at seven PM. Anyone in the area that wants to attend is welcome. I hope this clears up any confusion.