Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2023 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2023, 01:04 PM   #1
watsonjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18104
North American Fall Rally Golf Cart Use & Rental

IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU ARE RENTING OR BRINGING A GOLF CART FOR THE RALLY

Important information regarding the use of Golf Carts, Handicap Carts and Motorized Scooters at the Annual MOC North American Fall Rally.
An important responsibility of the Montana Owners Club is the Safety of all attendees, sponsors, vendors, Fairgrounds’ staff and the general public during the Annual Fall Rally .
The safe operation of golf carts, handicap carts and motorized scooters by everyone is important.
However, accidents can happen no matter how safe we all try to be. So, it is also important to ensure that all operators of these motorized devices verify they have adequate liability insurance coverage.
After doing some research we discovered that individual homeowner’s policies and/or personal vehicle insurance may provide the liability coverage you need. However, the rules for insurance companies varies from company to company and from State to State.
With that said, we are asking all who are planning to attend the Rally, and are also planning to operate a personal or rented golf cart, handicap cart, or motorized scooter, to verify with your insurance carrier that your liability coverage is adequate for the State of Indiana.
If you plan to use any of the listed types of equipment, whether owned OR rented, you will be required to acknowledge that you have adequate liability coverage. Acknowledgment will be required upon arrival at the rally. Please understand, these small extra steps will help to protect every one of us as Rally attendees.

Procedure for Renting Golf Carts from Welch's for use at the Rally

Welch's Golf Carts will be returning as our rental provider again this year. Rental rates for 4 passenger carts this year will be $400. New for this year, this rate will be the same whether you pick the cart up during early arrival or on the first day of the rally. All rental periods will terminate on Friday evening September 15th.
If you plan to reserve a Golf Cart with Welch's, please let us know by completing the form at the end of this post, however for liability reasons you must reserve the cart directly with Welch's (see instructions below).

To help you decide if you need/want to rent a Golf Cart, bicycles and eBikes are allowed at the rally and there are bike racks that you can lock your bikes to. The distance from the farthest site to the main Rally meeting room is 0.3 miles.

[Click here to let us know if you will be renting a golf cart with Welch's]

To actually reserve your cart visit https://www.welchsgolfcarts.biz/ and click on 'Contact Us' in the menu and then scroll down and complete the form. Be sure to indicate that you wish to rent the cart for the agreed Elkhart County Fairgrounds 2023 MOC Rally rate of $400 for the entire rally. A Welch's Associate will contact you ASAP.

Questions? Please contact Ed DeWitt 423-243-8885

watsonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 11:49 AM   #2
Thorsell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19945
If renting a golf cart, PLEASE return it no later than the established turn in time at the close of the rally. Last year some held onto their golf carts past the turn in date and time causing logistical issues with the vendor.

Thank you,
Laura & Jerry Thorsell
Asst Wagon Master for 2023
Thorsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 02:09 PM   #3
Dratlief
Established Member

M.O.C. #29012
Send a message via Yahoo to Dratlief
I have not received any communications from Welch’s and submitted my contact response over 3 weeks ago. After 2 phone calls to them, I was told to contact Mike tomorrow 5/11 after 9 am to pre-order golf cart for Fall Rally.
Just FYI.
Dratlief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 05:35 AM   #4
watsonjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratlief View Post
I have not received any communications from Welch’s and submitted my contact response over 3 weeks ago. After 2 phone calls to them, I was told to contact Mike tomorrow 5/11 after 9 am to pre-order golf cart for Fall Rally.
Just FYI.
Please let us know if you or anyone else continue to have issues hearing back from Welch's and we will follow up. However, please be patient. Since the rally is until September, it may not be a priority call for them. I do not anticipate there will be any shortage of golf carts as they will have plenty there from the Rally before us.
Old 06-12-2023, 03:04 PM   #5
LDMoore06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13418
I just received a call from Michael at Welch’s.
LDMoore06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 03:43 PM   #6
watsonjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18104
Larry & Jackie,

I see in your original post that you said you were going to be charged $465, but I do not see that part on your post any more. Can you confirm if this is in fact the case? I have it in writing from them that the rate would be $400 for the MOC Rally and I want to make sure that they are honoring that. I have also left a message for them to check on this.
Old 06-12-2023, 03:52 PM   #7
LDMoore06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13418
Sent you a PM
LDMoore06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 04:45 PM   #8
Dratlief
Established Member

M.O.C. #29012
Send a message via Yahoo to Dratlief
I was charged $465 also about 3 weeks ago. I expected it to be $400. Michael said it was for fuel charges.
Dratlief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 12:01 PM   #9
watsonjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18104
I just heard back from Welch’s and they said there was some confusion about which event this was and they will be honoring the flat rate of $400 for the entire rally. They will be in contact with anyone that has paid more, but if you do not hear back from them after a week, please contact them again to request a correction to the price you have paid.