Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
Color Schemes and Window vs. Cabinets

Toured several Montanas at this weekend's RV Show in the RGV.
Spoke to Sales Rep who's never lived in one... But confessed market driven pricing is the master, ergo the styles and "cheapening" of the brand.

When will Golden Oak be back in style versus the dark Brown/Grey/Black finishes that "diminish" visible space and "mood"?

Why enlarge the Dining "Room" Window and give up Cabinets? Mostly when we camp RVs are close by on either side, sometimes in front and back too so there's very seldom any view.

Still have no interest in a single bathroom versus separate Toilet and shower/sinks.

I know most every other Fiver brand is like this...

Will undoubtedly need to look at more upscale brands in the future...

RRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Are you sure you were looking at 2016 Montana's?? The 2016's are the lighter color wood but I think alot of us like the Cherry wood too like on my 2015 ,I have had 2 Monty's with the light Hickory pkg and i liked them but it was nice they changed to the Cherry IMO it looks classier to me and my wife just like the new Oyster gel coat on the outside VS old School white and as far as Bigger windows I know alot of MFG's are taking away Cabinet space for bigger windows but I always liked that Montana Does NOT do that we have cabinets on our 2015 above ALL the Windows and also just our personal choice and I have had 2 Monty's with the separate "POO POO Closet" and they are just to cramped for us we like the all in one bathroom again just our likes,peoples taste's change with the times and I think Montana is just giving folks what the market tells them and it seems to be working they are selling more than ever
Old 01-18-2016, 02:18 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
With Keystone, a lot of those changes are driven by input they get at the National Rally. The complaints and suggestions come in and then about two model years later (the next model year is already past the drawing board stage) we see the changes in the rigs. One thing you do have to give credit to Keystone for is listening to the owners. On the other hand, if you don't go to the National Rally, your voice doesn't get heard.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:37 AM   #4
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
To a great extent we agree with Jimmy but of course with have the same Oyster colored exterior and much the same tastes as well when it comes to the interior colors.

We are pretty sure we would be happy giving up the extra cabinet space over the dining table as we really do like the larger dining windows. It's also all in one bath here but the older larger ones with the door swinging inward.

To each to his own, like you if we don't like what we see we won't buy and might put off the decision for another year or two or start looking at alternatives.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:52 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you are a high end user it is all about storage space.Why would the manufacturer use all these outside dark colors knowing they draw in and retain heat. It is because they are pretty and the consumer buys on looks not practicality .They build what the consumer will buy and having sold these things the average consumer has no clue about Rv's and will buy on how it looks.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #6
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Well I guess we are "old school" and have certainly never been called "classy" because we prefer the white exterior and the hickory cabinets that run the full length of our main slide. I'm glad we upgraded when we did because after looking at units during the Fall Rally we did not see anything we would trade even for.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:42 AM   #7
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
Agree with Rich. While our rig has the full body paint, it wasn't the determining factor for us. However, I've had 3-4 dealerships that tried their best to get me to swap out our unit, indicating that they really wanted the rig on their lot, if for nothing else to help get people on the lot after seeing it. May or may not be BS, but it seems like most people are attracted to our rig by the color, not the great floor design and the 2 baths (they like it after seeing inside). People are fickle.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #8
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
it's a good thing then you are not a Ceo of a Rv Mfg then your company would be out of Business,Times change and people's taste change ya gotta give the People what they want to stay in Business but Who knows maybee in a few years the old white gelcoat will be what everybody wants again,I had a 2012 Monty and traded it for a 2015 and it is better in many ways and not just cosmetic AKA 12in frame, WAY better Furniture,Whisper A/C,i like the Residential fridges better, higher Quality Black toppers,(do not get filthy looking)Beau-Flor floors VS carpet that get filthy and worn down,Higher Quality Graphics Even Better Sony TV/Bluray Surround sound,ALL LED lights and the list goes on
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

Well I guess we are "old school" and have certainly never been called "classy" because we prefer the white exterior and the hickory cabinets that run the full length of our main slide. I'm glad we upgraded when we did because after looking at units during the Fall Rally we did not see anything we would trade even for.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
This year at the Fall Rally the interior woodwork color came up and the majority of those attending the Rally said they did not like the darker interiors. This was noted by the head honcho and I think you will see a lighter interior woodwork coming out in a year or two.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #10
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
They already have my 2015 has the darker Cherry wood stain and the 2016's have a lighter color stain on the cherry wood more like the old light Hickory color pkg but just a little darker that will please about everybody I think it is pretty nice
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

This year at the Fall Rally the interior woodwork color came up and the majority of those attending the Rally said they did not like the darker interiors. This was noted by the head honcho and I think you will see a lighter interior woodwork coming out in a year or two.