Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Dealership representation

There are two major RV shows in the SW Florida area each Jan. The Tampa RV show usually draws about 50000 spectators of which LazyDaysRV had a number of Montana's on display, including 2 or 3 with the Legacy Package. The Ft. Myers RV show draws about 10000 visitors and yet NorthTrail RV, the only dealership selling Montana in this area, had only ONE Montana on display. Furthermore, the luxury RV resort where we winter at, in Ft. Myers, has over 175 lot owners and growing, plus there is another luxury RV resort less than a mile away, which has over 450 lots owners. They have, over the last several years, had guest RV dealerships periodically showcasing their new motor coaches and 5th wheels during the winter season. It's a great target audience. In the three years since we've been here, there has never been one Montana showcased here, yet there have been several other competitor brands. This is a huge market and focusing sales at these owners should pay dividends. Considering that Montana is the #1 RV luxury 5th wheel sold, it begs the question; why is Montana so terribly underrepresented here? There are several large RV dealerships in the area, including LaMesa, Camping World and Palm RV, to name a few. I think one of those might be interested in having the Keystone Montana line and give it the marketing it deserves here in SW Florida. NorthTrailRV, by their own actions, remains focused on being the #1 dealership for Newmar motor coaches. The Keystone Montana 5th wheel's, do not appear to be in their interest. BTW, Tiffin RV has severed relationships with NorthTrailRV for reasons unknown to this author. Tiffin and their 5th wheel, Vilano, are now being marketed and sold thru La Mesa RV. I think Keystone ought to reconsider having NorthTrailRV as the sole proprietor dealership in this area or, at the very least, encourage some proactive marketing strategies with them.

woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I would email Keystone what you just posted here.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:49 AM   #3
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Thanks. I actually did write to a Steve Holmes, manager of the Keystone Montana division in January, but have not yet gotten a reply. Perhaps they're investigating and reviewing policies. Definitely, something is wrong with this picture and Keystone needs to get involved.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:19 AM   #4
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Since Montana is already #1 seller they don't see a need. Go to the national rally in Goshen and tour the plant. You can see all you need.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Dealers and keystone reps in my experience know less about the product than we do anyway. Last two Tampa Rv shows, waste of time to talk with them.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:15 PM   #6
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Overconfidence breeds to arrogance and that leads to vulnerability because you get lazy. Competition is fierce and these years and you've got to be on your game, or you lose profitability. I don't think Keystone is arrogant, but they may have become malevolent in some ways or may just not be aware. Most RV buyers don't go to any of the main assembly plants when shopping, they go to dealerships and shows. That's how we started and from there we narrowed it down, did the research and eventually, we went to Goshen to solidify our choice. I agree that dealer reps are often under informed and sometimes unmotivated. We chose a dealership that had a sales rep that was very well informed. The real reason you have shows and dealerships is for people to touch and see first hand. That's what sells and it's often impulsive. All I'm saying is that Montana is either not aware or they've chosen the dealership for other reasons that I'm not aware. I'm just thinking that this is a huge "missed opportunity". This in an area where people have the "wants" and the disposable discretionary "money" to afford it. As a footnote, I did write to Montana's customer service this weekend, so we'll see where this goes.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:21 AM   #7
onekla
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12436
We go to the RV show every year in Little Rock in February. For the past two years, we've visited extensively with the Montana reps at the show. They've been wonderful! I hope they make it to your area soon.

(Our friends purchased a Montana 3160RL yesterday!)
onekla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Heard back from the regional manager at Montana and all I can say is, it's being addressed and taken care of. Kudos to Montana and am glad they are responding.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #9
Sailor_Roy
Established Member

M.O.C. #18020
We had to go 600 miles to Meridian Idaho to see the Montana 3790RD and 3710FL. The two dealerships in our region; Pierce RV Billings MT and Bretz RV Missoula MT were not too interested in selling Montanas. We purchased/ordered from Camping World in Meridian ID.
2016 Montana 3790RD
Sailor_Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #10
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Sadly I think you'll find CW for the most part has great prices as far as selling the units and virtually non-existent qualified, capable, and skilled service techs. At least that's the norm with CW here in the plains states.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote