Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We're buying a Big Sky!!!!!

Negotiations with my local Virginia dealer today were more successful than I expected. Not only was he willing to come below $50,000 for his out the door price for a Big Sky 340RLQ, he agreed to give me the slide awning package at his cost--plus free storage on his lot until August. No way I could turn that deal down, so we're buying a 340RLQ from him. Won't submit the order form until we get more info on the different decor packages, but I expect us to be the proud owners of a new Big Sky by April.

I still remain mystified by the great prices these dealers are giving on these Big Sky units--my local dealer is selling me a Big Sky for about 37% below MSRP and only about $5,000 more than a 3400 that is missing the bigger frig, bigger convection oven, bigger axles, and all the other upgrades that are in the Big Sky but not even available as options on the 3400. With our plans to start full timing this summer, those upgrades are worth the $5,000 to me.

And I don't think these great prices are all that much due to slowness in the RV industry since I'm comparing prices on two rigs being sold by the same dealer in the same market. I'm convinced these great prices have to be due in large part to some big discounts that Keystone is giving right now to encourage their top 50 dealers to push the Big Sky. For example, when I was shopping prices last November for a Montana 3400, my local dealer was several thousand dollars higher than several other dealers in other states, whereas a dealer up near Philadelphia was the lowest bidder of all by at least $1,000. When I asked these same dealers for price quotes for the Big Sky, that Philly dealer was now several thousand dollars higher than my local guy. The only explanation I am aware of is that the Philly dealer is not one of the first 50 dealers selected by Keystone to handle the Big Sky, so they must not be getting as big a dealer discount from Keystone as that initial group of Big Sky dealers.

Whatever the reason for the good prices on the Big Sky, color me happy!!!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote