Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2022, 06:21 PM   #1
tjblocker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23122
3121CK roof trusses

I've tried to find the answer to this question but have been unable to do so.

I have just purchased a new 2022 3121CK. I take delivery next week. I want to install an additional 600 watts solar (200 watt panels). I plan to use strut channel. While doing so I want every screw that penetrates the roof to enter a roof truss. And I want to limit penetrations making each count. Only, I don't know where the trusses are.

I've emailed keystone days ago. I got a question asking for the vin which I provided. Haven't heard from them since.

Does anyone have a roof plan or some idea how I might find the trusses. I've previously tried to find the trusses using a stud finder on my Arctic Fox. This did not work. Thus I don't expect it to work on the Montana.

I know that there are trusses bordering each side of the 14X14 vents. I would expect that other trusses would be on 16 inch center from those trusses, but I saw a photo of the trusses that showed me that this is not correct. It looks like they've done some unpredictable spacing adjacent to vents.

So, how do I find the trusses? Better yet, does anyone have a roof plan?

Thank you
Tom
tjblocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3121ck, roof-plan, solar, truss