Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Where the Winter Texans are in the valley 07/08

Here is a directory of where the Winter Texans are in the valley. Pls. post additions or corrections.

Adobe Wells Park: Daffodil Avenue, McAllen

Bill and Ann (Bill, Ann, Mark) 5017 Camellia Ave. Nov. - Apr.

Bentsen Palm Village: Bentsen Palm Drive, Mission

Countryguy, Mrs. Countryguy (Al and Carol) Lot 511
Kimmrg (Kim and Steve) Lot 515 Jan. 15 - Apr. 15

Benston Palm Resort: Bentsen Palm Drive, Mission

CmdrDewey (David and Kathy) Lot 231 now - Mar. 19

Fun and Sun: San Benito

bking
BUD PAT (Bud and Pat) Lot O-137 Jan. - Mar.

Gateway RV Park: Ramondville

Montana Rog (Roger)

Greengate Grove: 700 N. Bentsen Palm Drive

ragdoll (Jack and Lorraine) Site 423 Jan.
Hemlockusa (John and Christa) Site 423 Feb.- Mar.
William H. Collier (Bill and Linda) Site 219 Dec. - Apr.

Handke Park, McAllen

Cruzin2 (Larry and LaVonne) Lot 57 1 Dec. -

Llano Grande Lake Park Resort, Mercedes

hamcamper (Erwin and Kaye) Site 2187 til Jan.13

Isla Blanca Park: South Padre Island

Ozz (Ozz and Sue) Turner Street Oct. - Apr.

J-Five RV Park, Mission

Jim and Marcia (Jim and Marcia) Lot 318 Dec. 1 - Apr. 1

Kenwood RV Park, LeFeria

Larry and Mary Coen (Larry and Mary) Lot 174 -Mar.24

Llano Grande Lake Park, Mercedes

hamcamper (Erwin and Kaye) Lot 2187 Nov. - Jan. 13

Mission Bell, Bus. 83 & Shary, Mission
Osofine (Sherry and Bob) Lot 226 Jan. - Feb.
Oleander Acres RV Park, Mission

sgtpp214 (Dave and Carla) Jan. - Feb. 1

Palmdale RV Resort: Hwy. 100 West of Los Fresnos (toward SPI)

old turbo (Terry and Gloria) Lot xxx Jan. - Apr.

Ranchero Village: Westlaco

berridge (Wayne and Margie) Lot 534 Jan. - Mar.

Retuma Village: Bentsen Palm Drive, Mission

Countryfolk (Skip and Mary) 4110 Lark Dr. Oct. - Mid Mar.

Tropic Winds:

bking: (Gibby and Betty) Lot: xxx Mar. 15 - Apr. 1

Winter Ranch: Hwy 495 Alamo

hazmic (Mickey and Mary) Lot 481 Dec. 1 - Apr. 1

Victoria Palms, Westlaco

Vicster (Vickie and Ron) Lot 2241 Nov. 10 - Jan. 31
Knitter (Bob and Mary Kay) Lot 2384 Nov. 1 - Mar. 31

1st Colony RV Park: San Benito

bking (Gibby and Betty) Lot xxx Dec. 15 - Mar. 15

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:20 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ozz and Sue
Turner street, Isla Blanca Park, South Padre Island
Late October '07 to April, '08
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:48 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hi Bill, We should be on lot 522 at BPV Jan 8 to Apr 8. (at least that is the plan).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
Ormee and Ginette
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #262
Hi Bill

We should be down at BPV site 722 from Dec 1 thru to April 1...
Ormee and Ginette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Ormee and Ginette: Glad to see you are going to make it this year.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:36 AM   #6
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
OK BILL and ANN
I can't wait to give you our new address. Site #423 GreenGate Grove 700 N Bentsen Palm Drive Mission. I'll be the guy with white hair and a SMILE ON MY FACE. ho ho ho We will be there for a week or so in OCT Getting it ready for DieselGuy Carle and his wife to rent Dec through Jan and then we will come down in Feb through Mar........... Don't forget """""BRANSON IS GREAT IN 2008""""""" Looking for 40 RIGS. Safe Travels Everyone John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
From Terry and Gloria. We will be back at Palmdale RV Resort on highway 100 the route to Padre Island, just west of Los Fresnos. Jan 1 thru April of 08.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Baring any mishaps, like falling off a ladder and breaking my leg, we will be at GreenGate Grove Lot 219 about the middle of Dec. until about April 1.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
A question for all of you who have wintered more than last year in the RGV. Ed really wants to go to Texas but I hate wind. Last year I understand it was real windy in the RGV. Is it always????
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ahh, the wind blows in good friends from other areas, increases gas mileage, makes it almost impossible for the mosquito's to make any headway at all, also makes the bicycling almost silly easy....well in one direction anyway...
Cools one, when the trend is to be overheated, gives all of us a super easy conversational opener with new acquaintances, makes it easy for me to bring joy to travelers with my wind toys, dries off the truck when freshly washed, and.......gave us this opportunity to speak with each other on the Forum.
I love the wind, and miss it when still. Come and experience the thrill of .....Wind.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/100_1296.jpg
Old 07-04-2007, 01:16 AM   #11
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Well said Ozz. One thing you missed though. After playing game after game of golf and changing irons for the strength and direction of the wind, I still haven't figured out what iron to use when the wind isn't blowing...LOL Good thing it doesn't happen often.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:56 AM   #12
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
It was our first year in the RGV. The wind will blow, but with no snow. Wife and I also found it cheaper to exist down in the RGV as compared to other warm weather places. Cheap fruits and veggies. Food prices at stores are cheaper. Prices at most restaurants are cheaper. Gloria and I just had problems with the music at the RV park from the 30's and 40's and the group they would bring in Senior Moments. We like the music from the 60's and 70's.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:46 AM   #13
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Terry, I agree with you on the music. There is a Winter TExas news paper that is published down there maybe ""Bill and Ann"" can help me out here. That news paper publishes all the events at each RV park and lists the entertainment. I found that most parks don't mind you showing up for there events. in fact the MORE THE MERRY ER... SO check the those papers out and enjoy yourself. There is something going on all the time down there.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #14
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Just for the record, as I recall, last winter was not particularly windy, at least not compared to the year before. Sure, there was a good breeze most of the time but nothing really uncomfortable. If wind is a concern, be prepared for it, and if necessary move on, but from what I hear, heading west is not going to help the wind situation.

Best thing is, (as Ozz so colourfully expressed it, learn to live with it), Consider kite flying as a hobby!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:26 AM   #15
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Actually John, the name of the paper is the Winter Texan.
Sue: Ann and I actually enjoy the wind as without it, it could be unbearably hot some days.
If you are a person that worries about keeping a hairdo neat and tidy...then Texas is not the place for you.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #16
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
The days are ticking away. Each FRIDAY is passing more quickly, what that means is that RGV is getting closer and closer. We are headed down in October, to discover our site and appraise the situation. I think it is nice to be A TEXAN. I am starting to say ""YUP"" a lot now and am working on that COWBOY BOWLEGGED WALK, now that is going to take awhile to get down pat.. I really do think I can mow grass in cowboy boots!!!!!! I wonder are the BEER'S BIGGER in Texas???? I was going to put a sprinkler system in on our site when we go do there. I was planning on hiring some spanish help to accomplish this as I am not as nimble as I use to be, however I have discover that the majority of Spanish help has relocated to KANSAS. NOW I wonder do I need to hire a Spanish Helper here in Kansas and take him back to Mission Texas to help me???????? Or will I have to do this Construction myself. OH WAIT A MINUTE. I could con OZZ into helping me..... If I can obtain enough bandages and medical equipment to keep him going... ho ho ho I hope everyone understands that I have to much idle time and all this ""rambling"" is in FUN!!!!!!!! For those that have not been paying attention in the last few month's. When the winter is over """""""""""BRANSON IS GOING TO BE GREAT FOR 2008"""""" Safe Travels my friends John
Old 08-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #17
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
When in October? We are headed down, probably the last week, still not sure what time, but have to be in Padre by the 1st of November. I want to see your place there. I need some labor to help me landscape my space as well, maybe we can share help.. But we are quite a ways from you there. I will look in Port Isabel for my labor.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:23 AM   #18
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
We should be in the RGV first of Dec. In Handke Park lot 57 McAllen. That is our plan's, hope to see you all again.

Larry & LaVonne
Old 08-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #19
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
Hazmic[Mickey and Mary and Wilson will be down there around the 1st of Dec and leave around the 1st of April. We will be at Winter Ranch lot 481 in Alamo TX. On hi way 495. Will be glad to see everyone down there.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:38 PM   #20
Jim and Marcia
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2227
Jim and Marcia will return to site #318 at J-Five RV Park in Mission. We'll be "at home" from Dec.1st to April 1st. We didn't think the wind was bad last year, course we're from IOWA!!!! See ya' all down South!!!!!
Jim and Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote