Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Alcan Highway - Southbound

Well I flashed a couple in a Montana and they frantically waved. Hope you were a MOCer, or not.

Phil

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Phil and Cathy,

Sounds like you are on the road! Yeah! Hope you are enjoying your new lifestyle. We are hoping to connect with you in WA. We are still in CA, but planning on moving North in a few days.

Take your time, and enjoy the beautiful countryside through Alaska and Canada. We want to compare notes with you. We will travel on the same road next summer; Alice has a 40th HS reunion in Anchorage.

Nice to hear about your travels.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Robbie, we are planning on spending the summer of 2008 in Alaska - maybe we'll see you on the road!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Phil and Cathy & David and Jo-Anna,

Sounds to me like you have the start of an Alaskan MOC Ralley.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Well............

Phil and Cathy, I apologize ahead of time for bushwhacking your thread. Here you are trying to get out of Alaska and everyone else is going to Alaska...geesh!

David and Jo-Anna, and Grant and Kathy,
We have not found out when Alice's HS reunion is scheduled (July we hope), but we are open to most anything. We would like to take our time going up the Alcan. We have been up that road several times, but never with an RV.

Let's Rally!!

Old 06-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We're also planning to head to Alaska next year!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Well.... let's all totally ambush this thread and change it to folks who are going to Alaska or want to go to Alaska!!...*LOL

We're going to Alaska...... sometime in the next 3 or 4 years! See y'all up there.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:59 AM   #8
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Phil & Cathy,

See...what you started??? By leaving Alaska, I think you just increased the population. There will be more Montanas in Alaska after you are gone then there were when you were there...!

Michael and Kathy...the more the merrier, it would be nice to meet you and maybe we could have a caravan to AK! What fun. We're going to be back in WA in July and August..depends on when the house sells.

Anyone else?

Ok, Margee. You can start the topic.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
IF, you folks do start a caravan, I would make reservations in advance. The parks here in Canada fill up pretty fast after 3pm. They often advertise for more than what they have, for example, they say cable and wifi available but when you get there it is only certain cites and these are taken, or they may say 30 amp service, when you get there they say the power is out and we are on generator and only have 15 amp available then when you look at the breaker it is a 10 amp breaker, don't even count on TV, very sporadic, although most say they have it. WiFi and TV are usually available in the office or one central location. One park I had to sit in their restaurant to receive wifi.

I feel they are very misleading, but they have a captive audience so why try to please......

Enough Ranting.

Saw about 6 Montanas yesterday and today, Of c ourse, all were northbound. Only one flashed and one couple waved madly at us. WAS THAT YOU?????

There are 4 in park tonight and I have talked to 2 of them already. No one had heard of us, WELL, they do now. Hopefully they will check us out when able.

Bye for now.

Phil
Old 06-16-2007, 04:30 AM   #10
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
We're planning on going to Alaska next summer as well. Maybe we can all meet up somewhere. Right now we are at Cherry Hill Park Campground in Washington DC.....it is a beautiful spot. Karen
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
Navigator
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1894
We're spending the night in a campground just south of Prince George, B.C. and will be moving north to Dawson Creek in the morning on our way to Alaska. The only Montanas we've seen were in Oregon & a rest stop in Washington.

The roads are good and the campgrounds and Provincial Parks uncrowded, at least so far.[
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #12
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jim and Kathy, Are you sure you didn't see me flashing at you today or yesterday? Ispent the night in Prince George last night at the BEE LAZEE CG. just south of town. I am in Hope now. I have flashed about 8 Montanas and talked to several in the CG's we've stayed in. Anyway the Wild Rose CG in Hope is a great park.
Tall trees and vey clean. Highly recommmend. In fact we are staying an extra day. Will be in CW on Wednesday getting accessorized.......
Old 06-20-2007, 02:27 AM   #13
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
An AK thread, great idea. We're planning on going there the summer of 09. Looking forward to all the good comments from those who been there and done that.

Phil - I don't call that ranting, just passing on good useful information to those with a need.

Safe Journeys all.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
Navigator
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1894
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pparamore

Jim and Kathy, Are you sure you didn't see me flashing at you today or yesterday? Ispent the night in Prince George last night at the BEE LAZEE CG. just south of town. I am in Hope now. I have flashed about 8 Montanas and talked to several in the CG's we've stayed in. Anyway the Wild Rose CG in Hope is a great park.
Tall trees and vey clean. Highly recommmend. In fact we are staying an extra day. Will be in CW on Wednesday getting accessorized.......
Hi Phil and Cathy,
I'm sure we must have passed you along the way. We stayed in the Bee Lazee campground on the 18th! We've seen several Montanas since our last post and some have returned our flashes.... maybe it was you!
We also stayed at the Wild Rose CG on our way north and agree that it's a nice place.

Happy traveling!

http://www.wherearethemarkers.blogspot.com/
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote