Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
Montana_3441

M.O.C. #3441
Howdy Folks

Just wanted to finally say Hi. I have to confess, I've been a member for a week or so and have been readin' the different topics in this forum, and I must say, this is an excellent site. My hats off to the Administrater and his crew.
I have spent the last 18 months researchin' the different fifthwheel manufacturers, and infiltrating the different 5th wheel owner web sites and am as confused now as I was at the start. But as confused as I might be, I'm about to order a 3475 Montana from Mid-America RV (formerlly Colaw RV) in Carthage Missouri. Bein's I've never owned anything bigger than a 12 ft. Pop-up, this is gonna be a wild and crazy ride for me, but I'm lookin' forward to every mile of it, especially when I know I've got a top notch maintenance crew like you folks egar to lend a helpin' hand. I'm sure I'm gonna need a lot of advise. I'm lookin' forward to talkin' to all ya'll.

Bummer

P.S. I'll fix up my signature when I recieve the 5er.

Montana_3441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
You are right about two things...... buying a Montana and this crew here. Both are excellent and you WILL have a fantastic ride.

Welcome to the MOC and congratulations on your new purchase.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:09 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
A little healthy confusion indicates sanity. Those who think they really know are the ones in trouble. Welcome to the forum and welcome out of the closet. Montana madness may be addictive and I don't think it is treatable outside the forum.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Bummer to the MOC.

The 3475 is a great unit with a great floor plan but than again any rig with a desk gets Lorraine's vote. She lost the dining room table when I turned it into my 'puter desk.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:26 AM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Welcome to the MOC forum, Bummer. Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know a little about your planned adventure. We are all constantly learning and yes it is sometimes a wild and crazy ride. Congrats on your choice of a Montana. We researched for over a year before deciding on our 3295RK which we purchased just two years ago. We continue to go to RV shows and walk the RV resorts and are still convinced we made the right decision. Be sure to keep us posted on your adventures.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:53 AM   #6
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Welcome Bummer....this is a great place for people to join in on the fun and congratulations on your decision. I've been pulling 5ers for several years and feel like the Monty is the best that I have owned.
Don't be shy about asking questions, someone has been there and done that and can give you an answer.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:54 AM   #7
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Bummer and congratulations on the new Montana.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:37 AM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Good to see new members posting. Congratulations on your impending Montana purchase. Keep us posted on your progress - you have a great adventure ahead of you.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:38 AM   #9
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
Welcome Bummer
We spent a yr and half looking before we made up our mind and I must say buying a Montana was the right choice. The MOC is the best option you could ask for and not cost an arm or leg. These are GREAT FOLKS!!!!!

I see your from one of my favorite areas. My wife and I are going to Branson for the 3rd time. We really enjoy it. Of course I have to stop at the big candy store in Springfield to see what I can't live without. Love that Bass Pro. We also have family and property in Brookfield. Great hunting area.

Good luck and HAPPY CAMPING. SEMPER FI
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:46 AM   #10
tollmann
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1824
Welcome to the forum. As Stiles said Montana madness might be addictive. I say who would want any treatment for it?? This forum might mask the madness a little bit but I for one don't want to be cured.
tollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #11
Montana_3441

M.O.C. #3441
Gosh, Thanks for all the "Welcome aboard's" and "down home hospitality". Ain't had this much attention since I tipped the Outhouse over with my sister in it. Yep, dad gave me lots of attention that day. Can't hardly wait 'til I have a problem with my rig so i can start askin' questions. Just kiddin'. But sounds like we're gonna have a lot of fun.
Montana_3441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bummer
You are making a good choice in the Montana. We fell in love with the Montana several years ago. Then we looked, read, asked, and looked some more. While other units had some of the things we wanted, most were heavy and expensive and none of them gave us everything we wanted. I have several cousins living in your area. I was born in south eastern Kansas about 15 miles from Joplin so know your area well. One of my cousins has done a lot of the building in Branson.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #13
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome Bummer, It will be a pice of cake. Jump in with your questions and someone will more than happy to answer them.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:26 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Bummer! You live in a beautiful area. We went through/near there back in January when we left Independence, MO, an hour ahead of an ice storm. The prior year we overnighted in Carthage. I think it was the Red Barn Campground or something like that. Someday I want to visit the RV Salvage place there in Carthage. Keep us posted on your pending purchase and your adventures once you have it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote