Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
What to see in Missouri?

I am traveling through the heart of Missouri this coming weekend. What is the "you have to see this" place in Middle Missouri? I know a couple of places around St. Louis but nothing in Central or Northeastern Missouri.
Thanks in Advance!
Phil

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Alley Springs in Eminence MO. This spring is awesome. Pumps several million gallons of water every hour. It feeds Currant River.
An old restored mill is located there, other things of interest, and is beautiful country.
The spring in Alley Springs is a big pond area. Divers have tried to find the source of the spring but the force of the water is too swift. Very very cold water.
I wouldn't recommend pulling your Monty down there but a nice RV park between Mt.View and WillowSprings run by nice people on hwy 60. They only charge $16 a night.
Missouri has many springs. Also caves. One popular one not far from St.Louis.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
I'm not from Missouri, but there is Mark Twain Boyhood home and Mus. at Hannibal, I think it is. There is also Mark Twain State Park and birthplace in the same area if I recall....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Where to start? There are the covered bridges in Gasconade county, the town of Herrmann and its wineries, and Hannibal as mentioned above. The Johnson Shut-ins are kind of neat too. This is not the prime time for sight-seeing above ground but Mo. has many, many caves to see. Marvel cave at Branson is truly majestic, Fantastic Cavern at Springfield is the only "ride through" on the continent. Very nice tour. While at Springfield see Bass Pro. Its the original one you know. Large and if you can think it, they have it (Sporting goods etc). You didn't say exactly where you would be traveling so highlights may not conincide with your plans. Have fun and enjoy our state. We sure enjoyed our visit to Ok this spring. Bob & Karen
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
We are traveling from Joplin straight through to the Northeast Corner of the state. I think I am going to make a mad run up to the dealer on Thursday. This way we can be back down to Branson on Friday night and go to the Andy Williams Christmas Show. If I can get this accomplished we can stay in Branson on Saturday and visit some other sights.
Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming!
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
One thing I like about Missouri is the fuel prices, go visit a Flying-J.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote