Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
Montana_3423

M.O.C. #3423
Hello and Help!!!!

A Happy & Blessed Easter to all,
We thought we would take a minute and introduce ourselves. We are the Roadrunners2. (Betty and Ralph). We have just joined the Club. We have been married 42 years; we have two children and 4 grandchildren. We live in Northern California.

We are not new to camping or RVing. We started back in the 1970s when we organized a camping club in Delaware. We didn't even have anything to camp in at the time and we were the club presidents. Since then we have camped using tents, tent campers, pickups, and travel trailers. However we have only camped sporadically in the last 20 years.

Being semi-retired we thought we'd get back into RVing again so we bought a 2001 Montana 2750 RK (11,000 lbs loaded). Our next challenge is to buy a truck and hitch to pull it. Needless to say we're excited and anxious to try it out.

So as part of our introduction we are asking and hoping that you folks would share some of your wisdom about 5th Wheeling.
I have been a Ford kind of guy so I am leaning in that direction for a used diesel truck, but I am open to suggestion. We have questions regarding long vs short bed, crewcab vs supercab, 8 cyc vs 6.0 cyc diesel engine, brands of hitches, 4WD vs 2WD, whether to have a slider hitch or not. We will take delivery of our rig in about three weeks so we would sure appreciate some of your insight and wisdom so that we can make the best choice possible. I am just beginning to learn my way around this website so I thought I would throw our questions out there.

We are also looking at an extended warranty for the Montana. We are looking at Ford Easycare vs Warranty Experts, leaning towards the latter. Any experience with either?

That's it for now. Thank you in advance for the help and advise. May be will meet up on the road some time. Thanks again, The Roadrunners2, Ralph & Betty.
Montana_3423 is offline   Reply With Quote