Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Southeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
250 registered Montana owners in the S.E.

I did a casual count of forum participants in Florida and surrounding states and easily came up with 250 owners in that area. Surely that is enough to have a mini-rally in the spring when the national rally is being held in the west. We could also catch a few folks who are traveling north after wintering in Florida, I think. So what does it take to get a rally started? Judging from the conversations here at the rally in Minden, we need a campground that has full hookups and room for a large group. A meeting room is nice/needed. And we need someone who lives in the area who is willing to take on the chore of making the arrangements. Anyone interested?

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Sounds like fun!!! Maybe at the end of March - or first of April. We try to get home by the 9th or 10 of April to do our income tax, but would love to try and come. Keep us posted.
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Easter is on April 16th next year so we could meet two or three weeks before that and catch a lot of MOCers traveling home from Florida. Sounds like a beginning.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:23 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Judy, It looks like you got yourelf a BIG job
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:37 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I don't have a job yet, Helen. Not too many responses. We could make it simple....just a get-together so it won't be too involved. It seems that so many Montana owners have much in common and that makes for great friendships.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:45 AM   #6
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
There is the Great North American Rally being held in Daytona 4/7 - 4/10. see www.rv.net/rally. I don't know how many of the MOC members plan on attending.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 02:45 PM   #7
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
We would be there if prior to mid april. I think we might be in Georgia during march and further south prior to that. Gotta be warm after 60+ years of being cold. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sometimes it's good to have a rally around the time of another big rally so those who would like to can attend both. Maybe a Meet and Greet somewhere would be fun. No big activities planned, maybe just a potluck or something so we can meet one another.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #9
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We would be interested in a weekend Spring Rally if it is in short driving range of Atlanta. Debbie still has to be at work, but if close by we would sure like to attend.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:55 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Great, Lamar. Now if we just had a good campground idea.....
Old 10-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #11
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Judy, count us in for a spring rally, we'll be in Ozark until April I think. Kim
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As of right now we plan on being in Fla until the end of April but plans can always be changed. We will be keeping a close watch on the progress.

BTW-For those within driving range I would like to get as many MOCers together again in Tampa for the big RV Show in January. We did this the past 2 years and had a pretty good turn out both years. This year we even got the "Wizard" and Mrs Wizard to drive down from Savannah. This was just a one day event with us all meeting at the Montana booth at the show. Watch for additional info under the Florida Rally section later this year.

Last years crowd...
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:09 AM   #13
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Sounds like fun. Late March would be good. There is already the Daytona RV Rally in early April along with a SMART Muster the last of April in Florida.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren Va (Florida in winter)
2005 3475 Montana
2005 2500HD GMC 4x4 Crew cab With Duramax/Edge with attitude
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:00 AM   #14
Chad Brooks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3899
Send a message via AIM to Chad Brooks
Hey, count me in! I am 60 miles north of the FL state line. Anywhere down this way should be a short drive for me. Panama City beach sure has a nice place (Emerald Coast RV resort) I think is the name. Just a thought.
Chad Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:11 AM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Hey, sounds like we Southeasterners are coming out of the woodwork. Does anyone know of an appropriate campground? I'm proposing that we just get together for a weekend, not have a fullfledged rally as that takes a lot of work. Maybe we could just have a potluck and, otherwise, just talk "Monty". We learned so much from just sharing ideas with one another at the Reno rally, even more from the Open house, but that's a lot of work. So who can come up with a campground?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #16
chub
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #610
Sounds good to us! Let us know where and when.
chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:43 PM   #17
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Judy, as Marsha and I are not going to make it out west any time soon, a southern rally would be very appealing to us, especially if it is on the weekend or falls during our spring break (though we already have plans). The catch would be when and where. Marsha and I both have to teach, so a weekend trip that would be a long distance would be difficult for us. We do have personal days, though some of them are going to us seeing the Tour de Georgia bicycle race.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:47 PM   #18
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, J.D., are there any big campgrounds in your area that could handle a couple dozen rigs? Emerald Coast sounds nice but it's a little pricey. Maybe that's what people want. I was thinking of something on a more simple scale, just to get together so no one has to put out a lot of effort. The fellowship is the best part of these get-togethers.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:22 PM   #19
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I'm watching your conversation about planning a "get-together". That's what Searchers, ToolManRoy and myself did last year. We planned a 3 day weekend "camp-out" in Northern California and thought for sure it would be just us three and our spouses. We ended up with 21 Montanas signed up (16 actually came) and had a fabulous time! At this point, we have 28 Montanas signed-up for next year.

It sounds like you have alot of interest already.... here's to an awesome "get-together" in the Southeast!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:39 AM   #20
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Judy,

I can suggest two campgrounds but no RV parks as Marsha and I have typically avoided such.

One is Calhoun Falls SP on Lake Richard B. Russell in South Carolina. It is an absolutely beautiful park, the newer loop only about 8 or 9 years old, though the "older" is only about 12. All sites are paved with large pads and plenty of privacy if that is what someone would want, though I doubt that is our main concern! There are also plenty of back in and pull through sites as well. To top it off, there is a community building near the other loop that is also only about 10 years old. There are not full hook ups, however, so that might impact some people, but if this is only going to be three days... You can see a picture of one site in my signature and I have many more.

The other is just outside of Buford, Georgia. We have only camped here once, but it is a nice place. It is a Corps of Engineers campground on Lake Lanier called Old Federal. It too has good sites, many of which have full sun. I don't believe I am misrepresenting it to say that it is one of the more popular campgrounds on Lanier. Lamar might be familiar with it.

I am not too sure about reservations at Old Federal early in the season as they only opened up ALL sites July 1 this year. Reservations at Calhoun Falls are on a site by site basis and can be reserved at any time on the South Carolina parks web site. I know the sites like the back of my hand and would be glad to do a list of good sites if everyone thought this would be a campground we might want to pursue.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote