Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
Christine Christiansen

M.O.C. #17182
New Member in Wyoming

Hi All. Our names are Kevin and Chris Christiansen and we live in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We have been married for 30 years and are previous fifth wheel owners. When our girls grew up and left home we downsized to a slide-in truck camper which was great and we used it for 6 years. Due to a physical injury to my hip we had to trade in our slide-in camper for another fifth wheel. We seen the Montana on the website of a dealer in Colorado and my husband seen the pictures and turned to me and said "that is the one". We went and looked at it the following Saturday and while there a blizzard hit and we ended up locked in at the RV dealership as they closed and sent everyone home. We were in the fifth wheel during this time which worked out well for us as we were able to see any leaking or concerns in those conditions. I am happy to report there were none. When we came out and went back to the main building is when we discovered they had closed down and went home. Thank goodness I had grabbed a business card of the salesperson or we would have been locked in until Monday morning. She was able to provide us the passcode to the lock and we were able to get out of there. We did purchase the fifth wheel and we love it. We have only had it a couple of weeks and thus far we have not been out camping in it but in Wyoming you can utilize the winter months for checking out the cold weather conditions of the fifth wheel. I have been out in it in high winds, extreme cold and sunny warm days. I am happy to report that it is holding up to our expectations very well. Our season is about to start and we should be out camping in it the first week of May. We live in our camper for the next 6 months while we fish and hunt. We go to the lake in Nebraska from May to September then to the mountains of the Snowy Range for September and October. We store our fifth wheel in a shop that we built at our home. We plan to add a hitch to the rear so that we can pull our boat or cargo trailer behind the camper. We are allowed 85 feet in Wyoming. The other positive is that this fifth wheel is big enough that our girls can join us when camping and there is ample room for all of us. Needless to say I am a happy camper since I can now walk around my bed versus crawling around on my bed and I am sure my hip will be much nicer to me in the future.

I have enjoyed reading all the information that this site provides. We have already been able to find information that relates to our situation with minimal research.

That is our story in a nut shell. We look forward to a long and happy relationship with this site and with our Montana fifth wheel.

Kevin and Chris Christiansen
Christine Christiansen is offline   Reply With Quote