Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
COPINMI
Established Member

M.O.C. #5945
Send a message via Yahoo to COPINMI
Day/Night Shades

I'm not about to attempt to repair the day night shades. The end cap fell off the big one and the fabric started coming out and when I tried putting it back in, I tore it up. When the second one came apart, I just took it down and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. I'll settle for sending it somewhere if someone could tell me where to send it. (to get repaired please).

COPINMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:53 AM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Try
www.dirtyblindman.com
They repair blinds and also have restring kits with a instructional cd
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:00 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
If you are still under warranty, the dealer will replace it for you. I had a string break and when I returned from my short trip I had a list of items for the dealer to look at. One was the dinette night/day shade. Warranty picked up the price.

Someone posted in another thread of how to keep the end cap from coming off. It had to do with putting a small screw through the end cap, or something like that. Maybe they'll post it again.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:51 AM   #4
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
This has happened to me often,so what I do is remove the screw that anchors the cord to the wall at the bottom of the blind then slide the material back into place,put the end cap back on and put the cord anchor screw back in the wall.Trying to do this with the anchor screw in the wall will only damage the blind,I learned the hard way.
I also loosen the tension on the cord a little letting the blind slide up and down easier but not to much so they stay up.
I like the Idea about the screw in the end cap I'll have to try this
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
When you get the new ones or the repair the old ones, you might consider a single spot of airplane glue on the part of the end caps that slides into the base. We had the same problem with our prior Montana and this stopped them from coming out. Yet they can be easily pried out with a screwdriver if needed. Some people put screws through them instead of gluing them. Either will do the job. I haven't done it on this Montana yet but will if we start having the caps come out.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #6
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I took out the two bottom screws, then drilled a small hole through the back and the plastic end piece, added a small screw and put it all back together. Only took about an hour to do all the windows.

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
danlinserv
Established Member

M.O.C. #7897
Does anyone have a source for the end caps on the day/night shades? We are short two of them. Will use your tips in the forum here to keep them on in the future!
danlinserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dan and Linda, COPINMI sounds like he might have some you could have.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote