Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Elvis has left the building

Well we have confirmed that the transporters have our unit and it is out there somewhere. So if all goes well a week from tomorrow we should be taking delivery. We are excited.

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yeaaaa!, With your hours and hours of research and planning, you will be ready for it. Good news.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
That is great. Hope the weather is great and they make good time. It will be worth the wait.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Outstanding, so when do you hit the road?... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:00 AM   #5
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Great news. Now the journey begins.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:11 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Great news..The PDI is still in front of you..Give it a GOOD going over.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:28 AM   #7
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Well hitting the road is the question. We will do a couple of 3 day trips probably 1 in Jan. Feb and March. The longer trip will be in April to the Spring Rally. But in the meantime we will be spending allot of time in it as it is parked only about 2 miles from our home. I think this summer when it gets pretty warm we will move it to Mountain View RV park and spend 30-40 days straight in it to see how it feels over a good time and work things pretty good in it.
Couple of questions for those who can offer some suggestions.
1. The front AC is capable of a heat tape or something like that. Are they worth the money and are they easy to install?
2. Since we will not have a washer/dryer I intend to convert that closet into a utility closet and pantry. My plans are to install an adjustable shelving system in there to hold some of our larger appliances such as slow cooker, coffee maker, etc. I am also going to have a wireless printer in there plus probably storage for a couple of the dining room chairs or other large items and a bit of dedicated space for jackets and shoes.
Any other thougths for that area.
3. I am changing out the Bedroom TV pronto with an LCD TV mounted on the swing out door and that will get rid of some weight, allow a larger screen size, open up the area behind it for blanket storage, etc.

I don't know if any of you have noticed but Winegard has come out with a 5 LNB satellite dish and I am considering that in place of a dome. I just have to convince myself of how the RJ6 wiring would run.

4. Level master on pin box.

Any other thoughts on things to do please make them.

Thanks Bob
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:01 AM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
The laundry closet will arrive with two shelves already in it. they are the Closet Maid style of wire shelves. So you may only need one or two more. The 5 LNB dish would mean that they would have to run unswitched cables to both front and back entertainment systems. As the Wineguard is already at the front of the rig and only about 6 feet from the front tv you should have no problem getting signal to the front receiver. The problem lies in running a dedicated cable to the rear system. It would probably involve dropping the bottom pan to route the new cable. If you are going to run the cable yourself I would suggest that since you are already there that you run 2 cables. Cap one off and only go to it if and when the first cable takes a dump or if you get a DVR. You will need two leads then... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote