Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2006, 04:48 AM   #1
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Hot Water in Kitchen vs Bath

We own a new 3500rl, it has the single faucet in the kitchen that controls both temps. It takes 1-2 min for the water to get "warm" in the kitchen vs hot water in the bath sink. I have replaced the faucet and it appears to be ok in that manner. However , we still do not get the same temp of hot water in the kitchen. Has anyone experienced this or is it something that we may have to live with? Any replies or suggestions is appreciated. I understand that you cannot control the temp of water at the water heater level, is this correct? If not , how do you up the temp?

FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:34 AM   #2
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
UPDATE..... I finally got ahold of atwood and it is true , you cannot increase the water temp.

Now............
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:44 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
FulltimeFollies,
Have you checked the hot water lines from the tank to your kitchen sink? Maybe you have a kink in the line? In my 3400RL I usually find that the water is scalding hot most of the time, and it comes QUICK! Something does not sound right, especially if your getting almost instant hot water in the bathroom.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:44 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
It depends on where the heater is located in relationship to the bath and kitchen faucets. Out heater is just to the left of the kitchen sink and we get hot water in a couple seconds. The bathroom shower and vanity are nearly 8 feet away and therefore it takes a bit longer to get hot water to those faucets. BUT once we have hot water running thru both of the lines they are all the same temp.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #5
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Agree, the temp should be the same at all faucets. As posted above the furthest faucet will take longer to get the up to temp water there. In addition to looking for a kink in the line, you could possibly have a bad check valve in the water heater. See if the water pressure is the same on all hot or all cold settings at both the bathroom and kitchen faucet
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #6
mtrotte

M.O.C. #4215
I had the same problem with my outside shower. It turned out that there was a kink in the water line obstructing the flow. Once I repaired this everthing was fine.
mtrotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:28 AM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
My water at the sink gets hot right now and of course the shower and BR sink is at the farist end of the trailer, and has to travel in pipes that need some instalation around them, that might help keeping some of the cold out of the pipes. but the only way I see hot water quick is a recurculater pump on the hot water.
I think that the ball type facutes (Delta) have something to do with this not enugh water pressure to make them work properly. but thats my @ cents.

TT2
Old 05-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Our water heater is at a rear corner in the kitchen area. Water in the kitchen gets very hot very quickly. Water for the bathroom has to go all the way from that rear corner. It used to not get as hot back there. Since I insulated the lines in the belly and in the basement storage area it now is nearly as hot in the bathroom as in the kitchen. Also, it takes about 20 seconds for the water to turn hot in the bathroom because of the travel time to get there. Insulating the lines made a big difference in the water temperature in the bathroom, especially in cooler weather.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote