Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2020, 11:33 AM   #1
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Keystone Customer Service; What a Joke!

Keystone’s customer support fails again. On our current trip, one of our frameless, tip-out windows shattered. Since we are going to be on the road for another month, we wanted to order a replacement window; shipped to a location down the road for us. I called LCI and was told they would sell me the window, but they needed a part number that only Keystone could supply. So, my next call was to Keystone Customer Service. A lady answered and, after I explained our situation, she very abruptly (even rudely) told me there was nothing they could do for me “you have to take it into your dealer”. I repeated that we were on the road, hundreds of miles from home, wanted to get the window fixed as soon as possible and had no plans to be near a dealer for the time (hours or days) it would take them to look at my rig. She then lied to me and said Keystone did not have the part number; I had to call a dealer. Nonsense, if Keystone does not have the part numbers, where does a dealer get them? I asked to speak to a manager; she refused and said “a manager can’t help you either”. By this time, I was getting rather upset and told her I was fed up with Keystone’s “you have to take it to a dealer” attitude; Keystone would not be in my future purchase plans. All I want is a simple part number.

So where does this leave me? I called three dealers on the route ahead of us to see if one could order a window or at least give me a part number. Two said the parts department was busy and they would call me back, one told me he would research it, might be able to get the window in four weeks and after it came in, we could schedule the install another several weeks after that. It has been six days, and, as I suspected, not one of them has called me back.

I guess we will continue traveling with plastic in our window; no idea how or when I am going to get it fixed.

Sorry for the rant; of course, everyone here knows Keystone Customer Service is a joke. I find it odd that the same company that provides outstanding service to us at the national rally refuses to help the rest of the year. Are these really the same people? This is not what I expected when I paid a ton of money for this Montana. I have experienced this lack of support since we bought the unit and I seriously doubt I will consider buying another Keystone product nor recommend one to others.

scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:43 AM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Scott,

When we were at Quartzite a couple of years back. One of the folks in the circle had a broken window they were able to get fixed in a local glass shop.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Get the part number from Trekwood
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #4
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
While it seems obvious that Keystone’s customer support leaves much to be desired, most manufacturers who sell through dealers will always refer you to the dealer. A manufacturer who deals directly with it’s dealers customers is committing corporate suicide. Try calling Ford, GM, or Chrysler directly and see how far you get there!
What Keystone needs to do is to hold their dealers to a higher standard of customer service if they want to continue selling their product! There is no reason, other than they just don’t care, that a dealer couldn’t of supplied the part number.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
What Keystone needs to do is to hold their dealers to a higher standard of customer service if they want to continue selling their product! There is no reason, other than they just don’t care, that a dealer couldn’t of supplied the part number.
You nailed it. Ever called a dealer for service and been asked "did you buy it here"? I have.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #6
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
Keystone’s customer support fails again. On our current trip, one of our frameless, tip-out windows shattered. Since we are going to be on the road for another month, we wanted to order a replacement window; shipped to a location down the road for us. I called LCI and was told they would sell me the window, but they needed a part number that only Keystone could supply. So, my next call was to Keystone Customer Service. A lady answered and, after I explained our situation, she very abruptly (even rudely) told me there was nothing they could do for me “you have to take it into your dealer”. I repeated that we were on the road, hundreds of miles from home, wanted to get the window fixed as soon as possible and had no plans to be near a dealer for the time (hours or days) it would take them to look at my rig. She then lied to me and said Keystone did not have the part number; I had to call a dealer. Nonsense, if Keystone does not have the part numbers, where does a dealer get them? I asked to speak to a manager; she refused and said “a manager can’t help you either”. By this time, I was getting rather upset and told her I was fed up with Keystone’s “you have to take it to a dealer” attitude; Keystone would not be in my future purchase plans. All I want is a simple part number.

So where does this leave me? I called three dealers on the route ahead of us to see if one could order a window or at least give me a part number. Two said the parts department was busy and they would call me back, one told me he would research it, might be able to get the window in four weeks and after it came in, we could schedule the install another several weeks after that. It has been six days, and, as I suspected, not one of them has called me back.

I guess we will continue traveling with plastic in our window; no idea how or when I am going to get it fixed.

Sorry for the rant; of course, everyone here knows Keystone Customer Service is a joke. I find it odd that the same company that provides outstanding service to us at the national rally refuses to help the rest of the year. Are these really the same people? This is not what I expected when I paid a ton of money for this Montana. I have experienced this lack of support since we bought the unit and I seriously doubt I will consider buying another Keystone product nor recommend one to others.

What size is the window?
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Got my replacement window from Trekwood in just a few days and a lot of dollars.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #8
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedmichigan View Post
Get the part number from Trekwood
Thanks. Found it at Trekwood. I'm still going to check with a glass shop before I spend $400.

https://www.trekwood.com/products/60...ess-F300-43328
Old 06-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #9
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Trust me, that $400 is only have the cost as it will cost close to that for shipping if shipped any distance. Attached is the sheet I used to identify our shattered bedroom window, with the proper number I ordered through Tiara RV in Elkhart. Shopping cost from Indiana to Western NY (approx 500 miles) was equal to the cost of the window because of the way it had to be packed to ensure it arrives in one place
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3000 Series Bonded Windows.pdf (1.05 MB, 144 views)
Old 06-29-2020, 06:44 PM   #10
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
You nailed it. Ever called a dealer for service and been asked "did you buy it here"? I have.

That's just the first in a loonnnngggggg line of cop outs they will feed you.

Try going into the dealer you bought a camper from and getting preferential service like the sales rep you bought it from promised you. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Maybe one or two dealerships in the country at best might care a little bit.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:57 PM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Scott, we some how broke one of our big windows at the dining room table on our way back home from last year's Fall Rally. I did some investigating and contacted a local glass shop and they told me to come on in so they could measure it and order the glass. Since it is tempered glass and tinted they had to special order it but it was at there shop in about two weeks and it cost us about $340 and that included installation. The glass shop need to know the measurements and the curvature of the corners. Come on over to Omaha and I'll take you over to the shop. They are great to work with.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #12
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Well, I called a dealer that wasn't my dealer at the time (RV Station Nacogdoches TX)they order a window for my 305RL. On top of that, the parts manager drove it 70 miles since she had family near by.

Next unit was purchased there.
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:34 PM   #13
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
We got our Montana covered by Good Sam's. I hope we made the right decision on going that way instead of being tied down with Keystone. We have 6 years, full trailer front to back $250.00 deductable and we can use mobile repair unit's across the country. We even got tire & roadside tire insurance. Again hope we did it right....

46 years married (Dam I been in prison that long)
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:07 AM   #14
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
hi scott
sorry you had the issue but i just googled frameless windows from lci and see a ton of options. I would have just figured out which window I needed and ordered it.
In defense of keystone the response you got is the typical response since they don't see directly to consumers.
https://www.easyrvwindows.com/
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:58 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Customer service will always refer you to a dealer/Keystone does not have a parts department other than what they have to service the Keystone RVs at the service center. The vendors first priority is to provide parts to all the manufacturers.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote