Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
It sure is quiet here...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm excited about this upcoming rally in May.

I keep checking in here to see if there is any up dates or chit chats about the rally, and I see nothing.

The rally is only 3 months away...

Sooooo, what is everybodies plans.....
My husband and I will be working, but have scheduled that Fri and Tues off of work so we can enjoy ourselves. Hopefully this plan will work. At my work place we are expecting a very important visitor to veiw our program...so if they do not schedule to visit on that Fri or Tue, then we get to be at the rally those days. If we get the visit then we will arrive late Friday night and leave on Monday.

We have no big plans other then, to do a little site seeing, fishing, walking the dogs (two small dogs) and enjoying all the MOC members who will be there....oh and maybe icecream (with Parrothead )

Margee (dandmontheroad)- in the past you have posted a list of site seeing places...do you still have this? If so would you post again?

What is everyone doing? Coming just for the rally? Passing through from one place to another? etc...?

Old 02-26-2008, 03:49 AM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

Nini (PartyCrashers)..... it's all in last year's Lake Siskiyou rally book which I know you have a copy of. I think you need to volunteer to help Parrothead with the rally cuz it sounds like you will have too much time on your hands at the rally......
Old 02-26-2008, 06:14 AM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I was reading your post again and saw that I missed the part about going out for ice cream. We never got around to that last year, did we? Maybe we should ask to have that be an activity written into the Rally agenda. It could prove to be as popular as the "going out for mexican food" dinner on the Monday night.

Speaking of which..... I think I know the real reason RLWhit isn't coming this year to Lake Siskiyou. Remember that picture that was taken of me kissing him at the restaurant when his wife Toni got up to go do something? *LOL.......I think I embarrassed the poor guy
They sure do have good margaritas there!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
lmurphy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2328
We've always looked forward to the Lake Siskiyou Rally. It's so much fun. We will be headed out to Des Moines at the first of March (Not really looking forward to this trip because of the weather). Our son is getting married on the 8th of March, so we must be there.

But, I'm with with you PartyCrashers, where is all the chit-chat and planning that is usually going on? Maybe everyone is pooped out from the Quartize adventure.

Anyway, see you all there.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Just to let you all know, planning has been going on. The spreadsheet of attendees is kept up to date as people cancel or register as is the list on the forum and the site map. A tentative schedule has been prepared and will be posted as soon as I get some questions answered. The name tags are completed and will be printed about a week before the rally because there are always last minute changes. The questionnaire for the booklet will be sent out as soon as I get the three email addresses I am missing. We will use the same questionnaire we used for the Spring rally so if people are attending both rallys and don't want to change anything, we will use the same information they submitted. We still have 3 months until the rally. As I said in an earlier post, this rally has been very successful just the way it is and there doesn't seem to be a need to change much. You all are welcome to post every day if you want. In the past most of the posts about events, etc. (Other than the initial announcement) started in March. Looking forward to seeing you all in May.
Happy trails...........................
Old 02-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
So there Denise!....*LOL I sent you via email an updated list like I did last year of Shasta area events. That should keep you happy for a day?

Sue said once all the people who volunteered to run events for this year's rally start posting about their event, we'll start seeing more Lake Siskiyou action. (Hint Hint to the volunteers.... the natives are restless and wanna see information).

Old 02-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Ya!

Sue I am sorry, I hope I am not pushing you. I just haven't been on this section for awhile. So I haven't kept up with the happenings.

Changed work locations and I have been busy for this BIG inspection we are having....

Now that Kevin and I have committed to go, I am just excited and want to get my plans going.

Margee, you are right about the book....I just didn't think of it.
But that's why we all rely on you...quick draw...I mean quick thinker Margee.

I do like the idea of a ice-cream gathering ( and shopping...hint...sorry guys, not your interest)Or maybe even having an ice-cream social at the club house.

I do have another suggestion....surprised!
In the past I don't recall having a gathering of all attendee's and doing a group photo. I have seen this on the MOC site at some of the other rallies. Could we maybe set a time and have all gather, (At the club house or another location), and say cheese to the camera?

Just think only another 3 months (to put up with me).
Old 02-26-2008, 06:06 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Denise,
We had a group picture last year and will probably again. It was after the breakfast. I really don't think we want to "plan" too much as this is really a laid back rally and we encourage people to do things they want to do. When we go for ice cream (if we decide to let you go LOL), we can ask for anyone that wants to join us. Some of the best things happen spontaneously.
Happy trails.......................
Old 02-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #9
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Ok...

I can also be spontaneous.....especially if ice cream is involved!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Denise,

I posted some links to area attractions under a different topic to keep you busy.

Don
Old 03-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Ahmm, It's March
Old 03-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #12
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Well, as I mentioned in another thread, Mariana is attending our niece's wedding in South Carolina Memorial Day weekend. I'll be pulling the Montana by myself (for the first time). It's a five hour trip from home, so I'll be arriving late (unless I stop near Redding) and looking for help (which has been proffered)in backing into our spot. I'm looking forward to a weekend with old and new friends. The Siskiyou gathering is one of our favorite outings. Mariana is disappointed that she'll miss it.

We've already reserved for next year. It will be our first year as retirees! We'll spend a week!

Bill
Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #13
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Looks like these Califorian's are ready to go!......

Parrothead(Hemet Ca.), Searchers(Mt. Shasta Ca.),dandmontheroad(Davis Ca.), Lije Baley(Woodland ca.), Imurphy(Marysville Ca.), PartyCrashers(Davis Ca.),

What about the rest, where are you traveling from?

Old 03-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #14
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Coming from Chico, CA
Old 03-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #15
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Denise,

You'll find the answer to you question on page 1 under the 2008 Lake Siskiyou Rally topic. Sue is doing a good job of keeping it up to date.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:54 AM   #16
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We are slow on the draw this year ourselves but looking forward to the rally if we can afford the gas. It is going up daily.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #17
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
You know, I failed to mention

There are only 21 days left until the Lake Siskiyou Rally in Shasta, CA.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #18
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Hey Robbie......

It's now 20 days until the rally!

Closed Thread