Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
cmyooynk
Established Member

M.O.C. #10224
2010 347 THT-toy hauler WOW

Go ahead and try to wipe the smile off of our faces--you can't. We've been in a very nice TT since 2005. From KC MO we've traveled to NC, KY, Ar and MO camping destinations. Spent most of our camping time within 20 miles of home--yearning for more. 5/7/2010 we took delivery on our Mountaineer 347 THT (ordered 3/11/2010). There are always surprises. Like the factory putting in a fireplace (not on the order). Our first week out temps were in the 40s for lows so the evenings and mornings we were wrapped in luxury (our new 5er) and warmed by the hearth. Our dealer gave us a very nice discount off the msrp on the fireplace.
Our dealer also gave us 2 complimentary nights in their CG to become acquainted. The walk through was pretty quick---1 1/2 hours but we had visits from 3 dealer employees checking to make sure things were ok. Mary and I left for Branson MO for a week of relaxing.
As an intro this is sure going another route so I'll quit with this. OOYNK is the tag on our Heritage softail, therefore my log in name. The 2010 F-350 dw, 4X2, crew, V-10, long bed did great and for nearly 2 weeks we acted as if we were fulltimers. We started dreaming about a TH 5 years ago, now we dream where we are going to pull it. WOW
Thanks for the forums and all the info. Just don't pinch us.
Enjoy the ride, Darrell

cmyooynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
I almost bought that plan myself to carry our golf cart. Enjoy!
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Great to hear from you, keep smiling, enjoy the new rig, and keep us posted!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Darrel and Mary--Welcome to the MOC forum and glad you're really enjoying that new unit! Sorry I didn't send this when you first came on board! There's nothing like surprises when you get your unit especially if it's something like a fireplace!
Since you are looking or some place to take that new rig, how about considering coming up to Nebraska for the Central Plains Regional Rally to be held in Greenwood, NE July 14th-19th? You can check it out on the forum here under MOC Regional Camping Clubs, then clicking on North American MOC/ Central Plains Region. The Rally announcement is under "It's Time for a Rally". Think about coming up and joining us! You'll get to meet some of the other MOC members from the Midwest(Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and South Dakota. We even have a unit coming from California! We have plenty to do up here besides watching the Corn Grow! Some of it is on the website of the RV park we'll be holding the Rally at but there will be more coming under the Central Plains Regional thread shortly. If you have any questions just drop me a line either via email (address is on the Rally announcement thread) or PM me through MOC. Hope you'll consider coming up and spending five days(or more) with us!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
cmyooynk
Established Member

M.O.C. #10224
Thank you all,
And Rondo, thanks for the invite. I flipped over to the calendar and that is the week we are scheduled for a family reunion in Steeleville, MO. Tubing, floating, canoeing and eating are on the agenda. But, we will start checking the rally threads so hopefully we can catch one. Thanks again for the headsup. Darrell and Mary
Old 06-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
floyd

M.O.C. #10439
Darrel,

We just bought the same model and love it. Question for you about tying down your motorcycle. We are thinking about using a stand alone chock such as "Condor" and using the existing D rings to secure the bike.

How have you tie your bike down ?

Thanks for your reply.

Floyd
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #8
cmyooynk
Established Member

M.O.C. #10224
Hi Floyd,
Congrats on your rig. There has been quite a discussion on www.rv.net.com on the 347THT and I have participated. I would refer you to that forum in the "Toy Hauler" section----a lot of info. For a direct answer, I used the Bike Pro front wheel chock.
A steel plate is mounted in the floor that allows the wheel chock to be removed when the bike is not in there (giving the "den" more floor space. Also, the Bike Pro chock has a cup that cradles/locks the back of the tire helping to hold the bike in place. I can actually get off the bike and tie it down without assistance. I would have to remeasure where I put the wheel chock because once I actually had the bike in the unit, I had a better pic of where I wanted the bike to ride. OK ok too much info.
Because there were a couple of concerns about the rear tire and suspension bouncing during transit causing damage to the floor, I cut a 25"X13"X5/8" piece of plywood, covered with indoor/outdoor carpet (keep from scratching the linoleum) and slide it in front of the rear tire after I have the bike inside the garage. At this point, I do not have the front tire in the chock, I put the side stand down and rest the bike and then position the rear tire support. When I pull forward into the chock the rear tire is centered +/- on it. This spreads the foot print of the rear tire over a larger area. I also place a soft cotton rag through the spokes of the rear wheel and then run a tie down from D-ring to D-ring. I snug it so the rear of the bike won't shift. I am careful not to cinch it down too much. It can be argued that the suspension will still allow some up/down movement but I don't think it will be severe.
I have a harley, so the frame is exposed on the under side. I put together 3- 2'X8'X13" with a 25"X13" rug covered ply wood "jack stand" if you will. Once I have the front tire/wheel in the chock, I slide the "jack stand" under the frame. (I had to remake it after I decided to do the pad for the rear tire---raised the height of the bike.) I have rug on both sides so as not to scratch linoleum or the bike frame. Once the 2 addons for frame/suspension/tire support are in place, I tie the front down then the rear. By having the support (jack stand) under the frame, I don't have to cinch the front suspension as much. And it is rock solid!!!!!
Although we have only pulled the 5er with the bike in it for about 300 miles total, everything stayed in place and I could not see any problems with it.
Hope this helps,
Have a great day.
Darrell