Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
Charlotte
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5847
remote problem

Well, another problem with this remote controlled air conditioner. We recently had Direct TV installed and have a problem that I wonder if anyone else has encountered. The TV remote changes the air conditioner to heat when we scroll through channels. I talked to Direct TV and they said there wasn't anything we could do to change this. Any suggestions? Really don't need the furnace in this Texas summer.
Charlotte

Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:01 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I've got Dish - but my remotes do have 9 different channels that you can select to control the system - pretty much for the same problem. I've had to change it often because I get other campers controlling my TV every once in a while. Certainly Direct TV has a similar option?

2003 2955RL - 5.5KW Gen - great for the lake!
New '06 F350 Stroker towmoter in July - love the new trans shift and integrated brake controller.
'95 SeaRay 200BR named Dam-It - occassional tow buddy

I ain't as good as I once was - but I'm as good once as I always was - Toby Keith

Brad & Dory
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ahhhh, modern technology.
I have so many gadgets on my truck, I have to hold the garage remote out the window to get it to work.
(Probably the satellite radio)
Ozz

'07 3400RL 2nd RTU
2 Golf Cart batteries 1500 watt inverter
Honda 2000 Generator, 2nd one and twinning kit coming
Maytag's with 220 Dryer
Stationary domed Sat. dish
LCD 12 Volt Amp gauge
LCD Tank Monitor
3 added 120 volt outlets
On Board Air; 12 Volt Viair 450C compressor
2006 Ford PSD 4x4 Off Road Lariat
Hadley Air Horns
Truck inverter with 110 volts for laptop
Color Backup Camera
Awning lock

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
Happened to my wife when she was changing channels, I thought she was crazy but happened again to me. It is crazy with AC and Heat on at the same time!

Bill & Sue

2005 Monty 3400RL
2005 F-350 Lariat SC PSD 4X4 DRW 8'BOX Reese 24K Hitch
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
By the way we just switched to Direct TV dish network also.

Bill & Sue

2005 Monty 3400RL
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #6
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Hi Bill and Sue...this is interesting. We did have problems with the A/C and Furnace coming on at the same time and we also have Direct TV. We also got the CCC installed and it fixed everything..I would like to find out how many people had issues with that and also had Direct TV..
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WildBigBill

Happened to my wife when she was changing channels, I thought she was crazy but happened again to me. It is crazy with AC and Heat on at the same time!

Bill & Sue

2005 Monty 3400RL
Our Travels:Lstierw

2005 Big Sky 3670RL
1999 Ford F350, 7.3 Power stroke Diesel
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #7
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
This is copied from the Tivo manual, but may apply to your remote. Some users have two tivos in the same room and need to modify the remotes' signals so that one remote does not affect both tivos. The principle should be the same for your thermostat. Our tivo remote did not operate the thermostat (now replaced by the CCC), so I'm assuming you have a non-Tivo receiver.

Setting a Remote Address
If you have two DVRs in the same house, you may want to assign a remote address to each
remote control. This will prevent the crossing of signals between one DVR’s remote and
the other’s.
1. If the DVRs are both in the same room, cover the area around the shiny, dark plastic
window on the front of one DVR. You can use a dark piece of cloth, a magazine, or
anything thick and opaque. This prevents the DVR from receiving signals.
2. Point the remote control at the DVR for which you want to set the remote address.
Press the DIRECTV button, and select “Messages & Setup.” Select “System
Information,” and press the DOWN arrow until you see “Remote Address.”
3. Point the remote control away from the DVRs, and cover the front end of the remote
with your hand. Press and hold the PAUSE and DIRECTV buttons until the red light at
the end of the remote control comes on and stays on when you release them.
4. Point the remote control at the DVR for which you want to set the remote address, and
press the number “1.” Press the RIGHT arrow. On the screen, the “Remote Address”
changes to 1. Exit System Information by pressing the DIRECTV button.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 on the second DVR and its remote control, pressing the number 2 for
the second remote address.
The remote controls are now set to send signals exclusively to the DVR for which they are
addressed. You may want to label the remote controls so that you remember which DVR
they control. Addresses 1 to 9 are unique. 0 is a universal address, meaning it will try to
control any DVR that “hears” its signal.
If you do not exit system
information before you go to step
5, you may transmit information to the
original DVR and overwrite the first
address you entered.

If you know the model of your Directv receiver you can find its manual here: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/custom...ssetId=1100066

Bill and Mariana McCamy
'05 F-250 Lariat 6L PSD
'05 2955RL
Woodland, CA
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote