Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2020, 05:52 AM   #1
jjparker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6196
Send a message via AIM to jjparker Send a message via MSN to jjparker Send a message via Yahoo to jjparker
3721 slide problem

We have a 3721. Our refrigerator slide started loudly banging when going out. The slide was going out at an angle with the refrigerator side lagging the other side. On the rear or non-refrigerator side, the gear being pushed by the hydraulic piston was jumping over a tooth. This gear turns a bar connected to a gear on the refer side. The connected gears are supposed to be in sync and make the slide go in and out smoothly. LCI work around was to add a washer spacer under the gear on the hydraulic side to discourage the jumping. It works. This recently happened and I don't know how long this work around will last. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

jjparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Take a close look at the gear packs to see if there are any teeth missing. We pulled into the FIL's property last year, and due to some erosion there was a bit of a ditch on the one side of the driveway and due to the torquing of the trailer I lost five teeth on one of the gear packs on the left rear slide. I was able to get underneath with a large wrench and manually turned the one end while coordinating with my wife pushing the slide button. I ordered some new gear packs and as our rig is a 2012 that uses 18 tooth gears had to also order the 18 tooth gears because the packs only come with 15 tooth gears now. Photos are of the broken gear pack, the new gear pack with the 15 tooth gear installed and the 18 tooth gear behind, and the last one with the gears swapped. I ordered the gear packs and gears directly from Lippert.
https://store.lci1.com/25-x-25-stand...ts-324869.html
https://store.lci1.com/0-6200-x-1-66...-12-dp-14-5-pa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken gear pack.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	7438   Click image for larger version

Name:	15 tooth gear pack and 18 tooth gear.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	7439   Click image for larger version