Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #21
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by oldgeezor

John..Please note I had my battery back in the trailer when I tried the slides again after the testing and everything looked good but the slides didn't work nor did anything else. The tech says if that 40 amp fuse goes in the panel nothing will work!

Glad I found that out today!
Hi

The fuse you are referring to does not affect the power supplied by the large power cable that is under the center terminal of the relay by the pump.

The fuse you are referring to does affect the power to the control wires. The control wires are the 2 little ones that got to the same relay.

If you perform the procedure I sent you in the link to Lippart and you circuit breaker for the slide was good and your battery is charged and hooked up then the procedure in Lipparts instructions will move the slides even with the fuse you replaced blown.

The statement by Keystone is technically correct. Nothing but the front legs will work with that fuse blown. But on some trailers there is an additional fuse near the battery (30-amp) that also shuts down the control circuits and the front legs. This may only be there on the trailers with the remote control for the slides, legs and rear stabilizers.

Regardless if the circuit breaker in the heavy cables to the relay mounted next to the hydraulic pump is good and your battery is fully charged and installed the procedure that Lippart shows will move the slides.

If you don’t have any power at all then the manual procedure Lippart shows will move the slides.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #22
oldgeezor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12003
One thing I neglected to mention was I did try to override the power to the slides by using my drill and 1/4" bit. It appeared that the previous owner must have used this or tried to use this, however, I noticed that the inside must be stripped because nothing happened but my drill spinning. I hope I don't need this override because I don't want to buy a new motor right now.

oldgeezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #23
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
You need to chuck up a cut of allen wrench to manually operate this feature, not a drill bit. If you indeed used a "drill bit" ... you may have messed up the allen head on the end of the pump shaft. I'm not near my fiver, but I think it's a 1/4" allen wrench. Others will chime in for the correct size.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #24
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It is 1/4". But if you get an extended 1/4" Phillips head and chuck the screwdriver end, the blunt end should work.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #25
oldgeezor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12003
Dieselguy...I used what was suggested by DQdick...see attached. I read in an earlier post that this was the proper tool.
See below:
oldgeezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #26
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Previous owner probably put the bit in teeth first and then spun it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote