Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Band of Brothers' leader passes on...

God gets another hero ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...-brothers-dies

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
db_engineer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9068
By coincidence I finished the book last night. Dick Winters was one helluva soldier. He will be sorely missed by the surviving members of Easy Company.
db_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
cgaskins
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10861
A true American Hero and one of my favorite WWII veterans. Being selfish, I wish I had the opportunity to meet him. He was an incredible leader.
cgaskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cgaskins

A true American Hero and one of my favorite WWII veterans. Being selfish, I wish I had the opportunity to meet him. He was an incredible leader.
He demonstrated the highest level of leadership and respect by his men a man is capable of. When asked by his grandkid if he thought he was a hero; he said no but he fought with a company of heroes (from my memory). I have also read his book "Beyond a band of brothers" and I recommend it if you want a better insight of his thoughts and actions in his own words. He was about the greatest of the "Great Generation" in my opinion. We owe him and his men the greatest of thanks for preserving our freedom and that we do not have to speak German! May his soul rest in peace. GOD BLESS HIM
Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
There are not many of these fine WWII vets left...each day, it seems, another passes. For most people today, they are just those old geezers they see from time to time...for the rest of us, they are the people who gave us life and when they pass, a piece of us also dies. Best wishes to Major Winters' family.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote