Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
rboseley

M.O.C. #10658
Telephones

Have a 2010 Montana - model escapes me - 36'

How does one put a land line phone in? No jacks - no input outside.

rboseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I would run the telephone line through the seal of one of the slides. (Insert it just before the slide is fully extended.) I do that with the cell coax. You may also find a opening at the bottom corner of one of the slides.
Good luck and let us know how you solve this problem.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
If you have a cubby hole for a computer to plug in, you should find a "data port" close by. If you plug in a phone line to the receptacle out by the convenience center (water connection) you can use the "data port" as a phone outlet.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Having an "OLDER" model that I do, we have a phone jack plug in on the side of the unit above the water fill and shore power plug-in. It even has a cable hookup there which I know works because I used it last year. Haven't found a CG that has cable again since! If I"m not mistaken, I have a phone jack in the desk area of the unit also for the inside connection.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Our 3400 has a phone jack right under the "office" window on the outside. It has a cover over it, but when you lift the cover, there is a modular phone jack under it, which connects to a modular jack by the desk. Most newer units I've seen have this connection somewhere on the outside.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote