Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Looks like a montana rally

parked here at Chester Frost park on beautiful Chickamauga Lake, looks like a small montana rally! there are 12 Montana's here including 1 2008 big sky, 3 mountaineers , and 8 montana's. Only 2 including myself are moc members, got LFW , and his DW right across from me. Larry is really a "hard" worker.He cleans on his monty almost every waking moment! I have been out meeting and talking "Moc"to these guys, and have shown a few on the computer. Also a long time camping friend Johnny & Debbie now has a sob but will recieve his brand new 2010 Montana the middle of may. Of course Johnny is so excited that he cant hardly catch crappie!! But we did have a nice fish fry last night. And of course I am carving birds.
Tom

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
So Tom ,, wher is chickamonga lake???What state or where are you as we are going to asheville for easter but staying in hendersonville this time , try new area,,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Hello John, Chickamauga lake is in the chattanooga tn area. you can get to this campground, (Chester Frost county park) by I-75 north, then hwy 153 north across Chickamauga dam then Hixson pike north. A beautiful county park, long paved sites, well maintained, 50/30 amp water but no sewer. but several dump stations. waterfront sites 14 day limit, off water sites 28 day limit. about 15 miles from downtown Chattanooga. Plenty of walking, biking, fishing, and dog friendly. You and Sharon and the shetlands would love it. Plus about 6 miles from a really great montana dealer and shop (NorthGate rv center) he has 2 monty dealerships in the area
take care John
Tom
Old 04-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I met someone today In a Montana and I gave my MOC card to them.
It was nice to have them printed up and waiting on me in my truck just to pass out.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Tom 41 we are going to hendersonville ,nc next week to be near our daughter and family,, you are tooooooooooo far away at this time as we come back to bonita till we go to the keys in may then on to wisconsin in mid june ,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #6
lfw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8881
Tom41 we really enjoyed the small, not planned Montana rally at Chester Frost.. We were glad to meet some of the Moc members.. and enjoy all the nice weather, Wind, Rain, and the Sun for a couple of days.. We are home now waiting for it to snow.. I am sure if we get snow here you will have some it on the ground there..Will the baby birds be born before you leave there???
Hope to see you again??
lfw
lfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Hey Larry, glad you made it home ok. We don't have any snow on the ground but its been windy, cool and cloudy. The kildeer we all have been watching has laid another egg!! she's been on the nest most of the day. For the ones reading this...a kildeer bird has made a nest in the ground on my site, has now laid 2 eggs (hugh) and may see some babies soon if they dont freeze. I have just carved a kildeer but haven't painted yet.
Larry you and DW take care and was my pleasure meeting you, hope to meet again.
Tom
Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
Goodrving
Established Member

M.O.C. #9092
Tom41 maybe that kildeer is posing for you ha, the bluebird you carved for us gets bunches of attention and donna and I love it sitting in our den. you and nancy have safe travels and great carving.maybe our paths will cross one day.
Goodrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Hi Jim & Donna, Good to hear from you. I'm glad you liked the bluebird. Jim, we are going to be around Ashville/Waynesville area soon, probable sometime in early may. I was thinking you are not very far from there so want to invite you and Donna to camp with us, there will be 2 other montana owners there with us altho I haven't been able to get them in moc yet. Maybe this time with your help! lol, I got your pics the other day they were really good
thanks again
Tom
Old 04-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
lfw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8881
Tom41 If they hatch out before you leave.. can you take a picture of them.. Juse Email me the pictures... DW would just love it if you could..
No snow here ..but very windy and cold.. we are headed out on Thur. for Crossville.. we have reservations at Spring Lake Campground for 3 nights.. I think that was once call Ramblers Roost. or something like that..I think that is the one you said was nice.. We like to try new campgrounds.. We usually stay at the Cumberland State Campround when in Crossville...
Be safe in your travels...and keep warm...
lfw
Old 04-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Larry, I will get pics if they hatch out before I leave. I got pics of the nest and eggs but when I tried to get her picture, she ran across the rd. Maybe tomorrow I can get her picture to. Larry I hear Spring Lake is nice, but I believe Deer Run I think thats the name is PPA. Wayne has stayed there before. you might ask him about it. You all travel safe
Tom
Old 04-07-2009, 06:22 AM   #12
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We really liked Deer Run. It is about 5 miles off the Interstate, and when you drive up to the office, you will get your gate key for $10 (refundable on departure) You drive through the gate and you have at least a mile down to the #300 sites. Try for site #331. PA not good on Fri or Sat and is only good for 3 nights. Site #331 sits on the hill overlooking the lake, about 75 yards, or so away. Very peaceful when we were there, but it was not crowded. I'm sure the weekend crowd, like anyplace, might change things. Even without PPA, it's reasonable at $29 a night, $174 weekly.

Here is their web site:

Deer Run RV Resort, Crossville, TN
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #13
lfw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8881
Thanks Waynem for the info on Deer Run.. Will check it out for sure this weekend.. We have reservations at Spring Lake for the weekend.. I hear it is a nice one.. just down the road from Bean Pot.. Going to visit with my brother for a couple of days before heading north.. hope the weather gets a little warmer by then.. We are leaving on Thur. for Crossville.. I had to mow the lawn and trim today.. in a snow shower.. That is the first time in my life I have ever mowed the lawn in a snow storm..but not a very big one.. did not even slow my John Deer down a bit.. Should have put a snow plow on the front of it.. the neighbors would have got a good laugh out of that.. but I do not own a snow plow for the John Deer... Maybe next year...
lfw
Old 04-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Hey Larry, thats when you put the John Deer up and sell the snowplow and get to heading in a warmer climate!! haha take care, travel safe
Tom