Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Items Needed for New Trailer

As the date for our new trailer gets closer, I realize there are things I need to do to get ready. We will be going into the dealer with our PDI checklist a few weeks ahead to give them a heads up. Terrie and I will split up the list for what each one of us will check (she can get there before me). However, there are items that we will be leaving with the old trailer - mats on the stairs, sewer tube, etc. Does anyone have a list of items needed for a new trailer? Thanks in advance.

Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:53 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
A jack, lug wrench and torque wrench and as soon as you can, balance the wheels. A lot of what you will need or want will be personal preference.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:57 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ron, I think you guys will figure out what to keep and what to leave. Things like the rugs, you know they won't go with the new decor.
What are the things you have done to your present camper to make it your camper, those are the things that are the hardest to leave, picture frames, the things that are "velcro'd" in place.
We decided to leave the frames, without the pictures of course, since the removal of the velcro does damage to the surface if mounted on the wood cabinets.
We have to remove the Hugh's Autoformer, the faucets, and the entry door glass that is a present to Patti. Everything that we replaced in our Montana was put aside in case we ever decided to trade, this way I can put it all back. Things like the faucets will not be needed in our new 3455, but our daughters can use them in their stick houses. The autoformer will be used as needed depending on the cg power.
We see things already that we are buying for the new decor. However, Patti will need some time to quilt a new bedspread, she is still learning!
I made my step mats myself, got the outdoor carpet from Lowes and cut to size. Then put the grommets in and used zip ties to hold in place. The ones on our present unit are over 5 years old. Will do that again!
You and Terrie will have fun buying this and that as you see the things that "strike your fancy"!!!! We are!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:57 AM   #4
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Ron and Terrie you know what your needs are it's the want list or the i gotta have that keeps getting longer and longer. George keeps saying well that's it and along comes a moc member with another got to have and he is on the web site checking it out. What's he doing now is replacing the 26 inch tv with a 32 in tv, the 26 inch tv is going to the bedroom and tire monitors for the tires. One blow out was enouch for us. So you see the list never goes away it just gets longer.
Rosetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Ron, Go to CW and get One of each. That way you know you have everything, except what CW doesn't have, in that case.......Wellll!!!!!!! Just kidding of course. What about quality hoses, both fresh water hoses and sewer hoses, water filtration system, a good set of chocks, JT strong arm levelers, bubble levels. Actually I think the list is endless.....How about entry mats and throw rugs, light strings, gotta have light strings, the cheesier the better......I think I've been out in the South Florida sun too long. Gotta get me an autoformer, my EMS keeps tripping out due to low voltage on one line or the other......Good luck whatever you decide.....

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
You're right, everyone. Many of the changes to our current trailer are now standard on the new trailers. Remember when they didn't come with outlets in the basement, a water filter, battery disconnect, etc. Keystone has done such a nice job of listening to MOC members that they've added things that we didn't even think of before. Steve, great idea about making our own steps. I think I'll take the sewer hose tube off that I put on the old unit. I know Terrie wantsthe glass velcroed in the door like Steve and Patti have. And we probably will buy the between the wheel chocks. We didn't go with JT's right now because of the shorter landing gear - wait and see how that works. And I think it was SteveS that had the adjustable shelves in the basement with the threaded rod. I would really like to do something like that with PVC along the top for fishing rods. And I might consider the Sewer Solution that Glenn had on his unit. So many items to consider.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Ron, three words when you get a new unit: Ka-ching, Ka-ching, Ka-ching!!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Ron We call our 5th wheel a coach , not a trailer , its a long way above that as you now have a quality item , not a cheep trailer ,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 AM   #9
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
John, point taken. We do enjoy our coach, but if you tell non-RVers you have a coach, they don't understand. Even 5th wheel has to be explained to some. I guess its a habit I've picked up to save time explaining.