Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
An observation

Of course I can only speak for myself. I find that since we are full timers, I am much better at keeping everything repaired, even the small things that go awry. "Procrastination" was my middle name around the stick house of old. Now I find myself jumping on issues right away. When I have to order parts, I can't wait for them to get here so I can fix "it".

Same is true for the truck. I am soooo on time with the washing, the service, and any repair. I must be becoming a neat freak. Maybe it was there all the time and just suppressed by the busy schedules of old.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
jwedell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6436
Same here; I know when I bought my first and only house in 1970 I couldn't wait to do the yard or fix anything around the house, but as time went by it seemed more as a chore and after a while a bother. Now that we camp a lot and plan to soon retire I find that I really love living in the Montana. Maybe because it is still a new experience (about 3 years) or maybe because most of the repairs are usually minor, or maybe its much easier to clean. And when I do an upgrade It's to make our lives easier. Whatever the reason every time I see the Montana I can't wait to get going in it. Maybe it's the thrill of really being free.
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:59 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It might also be a case of being older and wiser..Or with age comes wisdom. As a young man my dad would tell me.."take care of your equipment" and it will take care of you" I really did not grasp the full meaning of that till I was much older. Routine preventative maintenance will prevent corrective maintenance. Now in preperation to leave Florida in less that a month we are all over and under the 3400 looking for anything that might be a issue and correct it now instead of along the road.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
The line in my signature says it all.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:03 AM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I find campgrounds are great places to tinker and do little jobs. I'm not a daytime TV person and can read only so long...then I have to go "do" something.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote