Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2005, 08:37 AM   #21
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
You might also be thinking about a "tool box" with lockable lid(s)...the kind that fits up next to the cab and runs all the way across the bed of the truck. Usually made of aluminum or rolled steel with a diamond box pattern. Great for keeping all the "stuff" you need to have available...small tools, spare oil, tranny fluid, windshield washer fluid, bungee cords, fishing gear, tarps, chocks...that kind of thing. Best, I think, to get one that fits flush with the top of the truck rails. Some like to have an open space between the truck bed and the bottom of the box, some like a a box that fits all the way down to the truck bed.

On the down side, it will increase your total truck weight by around 200 lbs or so, and a lesser amount, only around 150 lbs or so, to the rear axle and rear tire loads.

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:04 PM   #22
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I believe that GM has been using a variable vane turbo since the '04 model when they changed to the LLY from the LB7 version of the motor.

I don't know when a new truck will be on the horizon for me since I just signed for a 360 coupon payment book on Monday.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #23
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We had the bedliner installed this morning and got the tool box this afternoon. We decided to not use our existing tool box as it is about 10 years old and is the kind that hangs on the rails. So what we got was a Weather Guard - white steel. Our son-in-law who is a pool contractor uses them and they are great. It comes just to the top of the rail. Locks and has gas springs. Looks really great with the white truck. Weighs 115 lbs. Tuesday the running boards go on and Sept. 7 the hitch and the brake controller. Lots to do with these new toys.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote