Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2015, 05:34 AM   #41
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scott-pati

What causes a blowout anyway? Do you have stats on what cause it. To say the G614 has had blowouts vs Sailun or any tire is meaningless. Was the cause lack of maintenance, age, flat spots from sitting to long and not having proper inflation, or driving faster then the recommend speed of that tire, hitting curbs/pot holes etc.

The point here is do the Chinese make a good tire? The general consensus on this forum is no. Are the Sailuns any better vs G614's? Probably not. But are they holding up with no blowouts? IMHO to early to tell. They very well could be the true bargain when compared to G614.

I went with the G614 because I did not want to take a chance on a Chinese tire again. All tire brands have blowouts at some point and more brands than others, that's why we are here, on this forum so as to share our experiences. Sometimes you have to take others opinions with a grain of salt.

This is starting to get ugly. People, lets chill out...... GEEEEEZZZZ.

Well I sure disagree , I quote : Was the cause lack of maintenance,age, flat spots from sitting too long ,and not having proper inflation , or driving faster then the recommended speed of that tire , hitting curbs/ pot holes etc.

Both tires are subject to your quote, does one brand of tire get more abuse then the other, no. Do some take care of their tires better then others ,sure they do, they swear up ,and down that they were properly inflated etc etc ect. You hear it all the time , yet here they are on a forum with a blowout . The reviews are well documented on the G614's, they are a problematic tire.

Here is where the difference lies with the Sailun, they are subject to the same abuse as any other tire, yet where are all the bad reviews, at this point there are none to speak of . How many years do they have to be on the market when we quit hearing , and I quote: IMHO to early to tell. Just curious on this ,again how many years does it take . The years are piling up .

We also keep getting this: Have had excellent service from G614's, would buy another set. Well I can echo that I am currently running G614's without issue. So I guess I should ignore all the bad reviews, I haven't had a problem, and why should anybody else. G614's have a history, and some of it not so great. Big problem until now they were the only game in town, well thats not true anymore.

PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote