Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
johnpjpa
Established Member

M.O.C. #11095
I Have a wish (suggestion)

2010 Montana 3400 RL
I have a wish (suggestion )
I am fairly new to the forum and decided to spent today afternoon on the MOC forum reading hundreds of very useful posts.
I soon realized that many of the problems : ex , Bedroom sliding door upper rail, black tank auto clean system check valve locations ,
Are often found on same models FW ( in many cases anyway ).
Here is my suggestion : If everyone posting on the forum would start each post by identifying your brand, year ,and model RV or FW
Like I just did ,it would be a great help because like in my case I found out that ex: auto flush check valve is in different locations depending of the year of manufacture etc
I was in the car business (Mercedes Benz) for the best part of my life and received thousands of phone calls like
" I have a big water puddle under my car ,what do you think is wrong " Well in most cases if I knew the model and year ,
The diagnose was right on ,9 times out of 10 ( I bet most service people would agree with me )
This is a simple suggestion that I believe could be helpful but probably not realistic and is not intended to offend anyone
I love this forum and I hope to meet some or most of you in the future
Now I am going back and read some more posts

johnpjpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Most of us put the basic information (make/model/year, etc) in our signatures that shows up at the bottom of each post.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
johnpjpa
Established Member

M.O.C. #11095
Most of us put the basic information (make/model/year, etc) in our signatures that shows up at the bottom of each post

What am i doing wrong? , i have yet to find one post that includes (make/model/year,)at the bottom of a post (like your own posts or last reply for instance)
I must be doing something wrong ,(i am not a computer weez)
Old 07-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

You can click on your profile and then you can set up a signature.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
As Bill-n-Donna said you can add that information to your profile. There is a small white box where you can add the information that you want displayed and then make sure you check the box that you want it displayed.

It is in the signature area in the profile. I copied it to give you a better idea. Hope this helps.

Signature:

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

View Signatures
in Posts?:
Signature checkbox
checked by default?:
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
johnpjpa
Established Member

M.O.C. #11095
Well : I feel kind of stupid !! like i said not a computer wizz ..
Thanks to all of you guys for taking the time to explain what i was doing wrong .
i even got to post my rig all by myself ( my grand daughter would be proud of me )
Now i just have to go and read all the posts again and see pictures ,models and years of most of the rigs
good think i am retired !!to hot to do anything else anyway ..
Thanks again
Old 07-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #7
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Your welcome. We have all felt like that at one time or another, your not alone. Good job with posting your rig. Looks great!!!!
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
No need to feel "kind of stupid." There are no stupid questions here. If someone doesn't know the answer, then the question is legit. If that's wrong and there really are stupid questions, then I'm surely the king of stupid (ok, guys and gals, no comments required!)
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote