Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Desperation Camping

You know you are really desperate to get on the road when you park your rig less than 5 miles from your house for 8 days and call it camping, right? Well, we drove from our home over to the Clark Canyon Reservoir campground on Sunday (a 5 or 6 minute drive), set up our Montana on the east shore, sat down, and looked across the water at our house on the west shore, about a mile away as the seagull flies or rainbow trout swims. (It is nice that home is so close because we're dry camping and having a hot shower only minutes away is nice, especially since I had to teach most of the week. I guess we're really "powderpuff camping, right?)

By the way, what we can't see is a SOLD sign on our house, but we have another prospect coming to look on Wednesday.

If you're on I-15 south of Dillon, pull in at Exit 44 and say hello. The campground at the dam is right on the interstate. If we're not there, the slides will be pulled in because the wind gets so bad out there that more than one boat or rig has been flipped over in the past. We don't leave the slides out unless we're around. We have a MOC sticker on our rear window and a MOC license plate holder, so we'll be easy to spot.

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Don't feel so bad. We have a rule around here. If the Monty is in the driveway and not in the barn, we're sleeping in it. That's desperation!!
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I wouldn’t call that desperate camping at all. I think I would call that convenient camping. I wish there was a place like that close to our home. Well I guess there is but I’ve never stayed there. There is a campground right on the Ohio River but most people park their campers there for the whole summer. I like to move around and see different things I guess. Sounds really nice what you have available for you, enjoy it!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NCFischers

Don't feel so bad. We have a rule around here. If the Monty is in the driveway and not in the barn, we're sleeping in it. That's desperation!!
We don’t have a barn to place ours in so ours stays right beside our house. We use ours a lot while at home, sometimes sleeping in it or napping just to get away for a while. It’s like having an extended part of our house.
Out one door and in the other.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:14 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
4 miles

Took the twins there when fuel was so high, they did not care if the campground was 4 miles or 40 or 400! Their requirements were simple:

1.) Camping with grandparents

2.) Dogs

3.) Swimming.

They had a great time!

Enjoy Carolyn
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:34 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Looks like a beautiful spot to enjoy your future home.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #7
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Think positive you House will sell. We were at the stick and bricks and decided to go see the Grandkids, which is a good excuse to take a little trip. So here we are in Clarksville Tn. and last night when we went to bed on the Sleep Number bed we are thinking just living in the 5th wheel while at the View instead of living in the stick house. Life is Good.. GBY....

P.S. Think about getting a Colonoscopy if your over 50. We did ours last week. No problem. If you don't your taking a big risk. We are good for 10 years now.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #8
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Delaine and Lindy,
Now THAT is really hijacking a thread!!! Good advise, though.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:07 AM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We got back form the Mackinaw Rally and after Rally and pulled up next to the house. We decided to wait a day or two to move back into the house. We are STILL waiting and love living in the rig NEXT to the house. We have two FHU sites here at the house now and instead of busting our butts hauling the mattress, two recliners and all the kitchen stuff back inside the stick house only to reverse the process in two weeks we decided to stay put and just hook up and leave when the 15th rolls around. All I have to do before we roll out of here is pack the rally stuff in the rig and truck and winterize the house, lock the doors and roll out... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #10
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Carolyn,
Some people will do anything to go camping! That actually sounds like a rather nice setup. Not sure about that wind but otherwise I'm happy to see you out actually using your rig. I think that since you've had so much trouble with your rig that you'd better take every chance you get to use it. Sure hope that all is going well with the rig.

Since we were in OR everything on the trailer and truck have worked great. No more oil leaks. My cart is working great. And the new fender is still on the trailer. The drawers that Bill fixed are still 'fixed'! If I could just get my hip to quit hurting all would be right with the world.

Take care and keep on camping! Hope to see you soon.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote