Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa
The learning experience is fascinating.
I'm sure it is for some

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #22
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Three wees ago on an 80 mile trip coming home from San Diego in the rain we had the inner side wall of a Mission tire blow. We were able to get home with the spare tire. The Montana was purchased new on 12-26-07 (less than 10 thousand miles on the tires) I called Keystone and was told they were not aware of a problem and that I sould call Tireco. Tireco said they would replace the defective tire with a Freestar Tire. I asked wher Freestar tire were maid and was told they did not know. ( do you belive them) I told the lady I was talking to that I did not want any Chinese time bomb and to purchase a decent tire, and was told they would not do that. I`m planning on getting a new set of Michlelin XPS Rib tires. To day I took my 3400RL on a 16 mile round trip to have it weighed. On the way back another Mission started to come apart. I`m going to buy the Michelins, but Tireco and their tires are accidents waiting to happen.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #23
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
I don't think personal attacks will get us anywhere. What most of us are doing is reporting personal experiences with our RV's and also reporting the results of personal research. AND trying to learn from others as well. As a result of those experiences & research one can draw general conclusions that are meaningful and useful and if appropriately presented may add additional insight for all of us. If those conclusions do not stand up to scrutiny then others can present additional facts and research which may or may not agree with our present understanding. That is the real benefit of this kind of forum. But to personally attack the reporter is not something that is acceptable anywhere, including this forum, IMHO. Disagree, OK. Attack the messenger, NO.

I am pretty sure that we all have the same objective and that is to further our understanding and enjoyment of the RV we have purchased. And to help others freely when we can. Without the help we have received from the kind members on this forum I just don't know how we would have made it through all the issues we had to deal with. Yes, I am very frustrated with what we have had to deal with but in most cases MOC members have been friendly, kind, helpful, understanding and respectful. It would be my desire for that to continue. Thank You.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #24
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Rubble Express,

Thank you for sharing the information about your experience with TireCo and and the Mission Tires.

The thread has unfortunately taken a less than positive turn. Even many posts that are not on topic.

This thread is being closed.

Thank you.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote