Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
How can you vote when away form home?

This is not intended to be a political thread.

I was just wondering, how can a person vote when on the road away from their home base?

Old 11-05-2008, 01:59 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Bill, Our home base is Alaska and we are in Florida. We downloaded an application for an absentee ballot from the AK website and had the ballots mailed to us in Alaska, then forwarded to us here in Florida. Filled them out and posted by election day. Not too hard as long as you start early enough and have a good mail forwarding company....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:26 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Bill we always make it a point to be in Tennessee for the Presidential election. And we always vote early, but this year I just didn't vote often enough . I done all I could do, Oh well maybe my luck will be better next time. I never voted absentee I guess it works but don't know for sure about the Military absentee's?? GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
When I was in the military I always voted absentee. There is no problem. I believe that all the problems you hear about are not really problems at all. They're just something for someone to carp about.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #5
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
I can't say with certainty, but WI may have the easiest absentee voting system in the country. When we are on the road as we will be next April we do the following:
1)E-mail the town clerk requesting an absentee ballot. This could also be done by snail mail.
2)Mark the ballot.
3)Sign and have the DW witness the return envelope that contains the ballot.
4)Enclose a signed copy of the email requesting the ballot.
5)Place the ballot in the envelope,seal,and drop the ballot envelope in the mail.

Walla, I have performed my civic duty.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
A call to the county clerks office of your domicile county in Texas, will get you all the information you need to vote absentee. The less information given to them, the better. They only need to know you are a resident, registered to vote, and need to vote absentee. They don't need to know that you are full timing and only have an address there. I find in dealing with any government entity, just answer the question. Don't embellish. We voted absentee while in Hong Kong without a problem during the two years we were there.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote