Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
ERS

My AARP roadside assistance is coming due and I've been thinking of changing since they do not cover the Monty on it if I have a problem! Any suggestions on which way to go? Have had flyers from Good Sams and wonder if anyone has had any problems with them or any others around? I know this is like asking for who will be President but I've got to try!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Camping World and Good Sam ERS are both the same and are part of the Affinity Group. I talked to Member Services and they told me that the two plans were the same, though there may be some on the forum who will disagree. Check out Coach Net. They are well thought of and there are several MOC members who have it. When our Camping World ERS runs out we will be switching to Coach Net.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I just switched over to Allstate RV from AAA RV Plus because they also cover other types of trailers such as boats and utility and motorcycle. It also was about half the price of AAA (~110 annual). So far, I have no actual experience with Allstate ERS.

I can't deal with Good Sam junk mail, or AAA continous soft credit hits for credit card offers, which also drove me to change.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We had the Allstate Rv road help coverage mentioned above and were satisfied with it.. We just switched over to Coach Net as it is pretty much the same and we now belong to Escapees.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
We have Good Sam's ERS. They told me they would only take the TV to their nearest recommended service center (not a dealer). That is not satisfactory with me. Perhaps none of the other will do so either, but I will be shopping around.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
glenwynn
Established Member

M.O.C. #4324
Just used Good Sam's ERS last Thursday, when one of the Chinese tires blew out on the RV. we were on Highway 5 near Buttonwillow California it took us about one hour for the road service to come out and change the tire and we were on our way again. I thought the service from Good Sam was very good
glenwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We have had Good Sam ERS for years and never used it until September 2007. That month alone I had to use it 3 times. Twice with trailer tire problems and once for the TV. I was very happy with the service all 3 times and I highly recommend Good Sam ERS.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have Coach Net.

While on my trip to New England, parked in my brothers driveway in Mass., my TV would not start. I called Coach Net and the said if I did not hear from anyone within an hour to call them back. Forty five minutes later I had a call from the towing service that they were on the way, and where would I like the vehicle taken. Coach Net also called me back to see if I had been contacted. So far, Coach Net has been good.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Coach-Net is what we use. I have used them four times for flats while traveling. They have towed me twice for TV issues. Once they brought me diesel when it became apparent that I would not make the next town due to a big head wind the did a number on my mileage. Every time they were efficient in doing what was promised. They always check back to see if the task was done to my satisfaction. I can highly recommend Coach-Net.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Have used Good Sam's ERS for about 12 years now, or thereabouts. Have been very satisfied with them. One thing I like is they understand what is needed for our big trailers and make sure the appropriate tow truck is dispatched. A few years ago we blew off a turbo hose. They sent two tow trucks. One for the truck and one for the Montana.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:45 AM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have had Good Sam for many years 10-12. We have used them 4 or 5 times and always had great service. They even called back to see if we had been taken care of yet. Wouldn't get on the road without them. But they changed a tire for us right in front of the stick house once.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #12
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have RV explorer road side service and Coach net which was given to us for one year by Drv when we bought the new SOB. We also had Good Sams at one time and used it twice and they were great. Will decide at the end of the year about what or who to go with. I think they are all about the same, but you have to have one of them. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:16 AM   #13
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
We have had Good Sam's ERS for about 6 years and only used twice in last two years. Wife had flat on her car and they changed for her. Second, last week, after setting up 5er in the dark, I turned around and noticed my truck keys dangling from the ignition with the doors locked. No problem until I found out my wife didn't have her keys with her. Called ERS and they said it would be 2 hours (since it was 11pm and we were in the Va mountains). They called me back and said the locksmith said it would be closer to 4 hours and Good Sam's told me that wasn't acceptable and would find someone else. Called back about 10 mins and had someone on the way. Still took about 2 hours but we were in the 5er so no problem. Wrecker driver showed up and had me in truck less than 15 seconds. Great service. Almost forgot we had it but nice to know it is there if you need it. Wouldn't leave home without it.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote