Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2021, 05:12 AM   #1
camper 47

M.O.C. #28561
New owner in SC

We connected our air compressor to our 26 ft travel trailer (another brand) and it blew up into a Montana 5th Wheel. We are thrilled with the room and quality.

We are still learning how to work things, like the fridge still is not running without the shore line. It was a bit of challenge to find the switches for under counter lights, we did not expect the switch to be flush in the middle of the light and the same color.

We love the electric fire place/ heater. It is ample to keep us warm on cool nights. My wife is enjoying the extra counter space, which was the major draw back on our trailer.

I do wish there was a kill switch for the batteries, but I connected a trickle charger that should solve the power drain problem when stored.

And of course this being my first 5th wheel, I am on the learning curve on getting the trailer set for hooking up and the difference in backing it. It's all good and fun.

camper 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:17 AM   #2
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Hi, we're in Taylors, SC. We towed a Keystone trailer for 14 years (38' Everest).

Richard's RV Service center in Greer was our go to place for things we needed help with. They have a nice inhouse RV store and fantastic service center with at least one factory trained and certified Keystone maintenance rep. It's located just past the flea market.

https://richardsrvsc.com/
CalandLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:02 AM   #3
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Welcome to the forum. A year and model would allow someone to chime in on your battery disconnect mystery, as i thought most models have them.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:48 AM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
If I hooked a vacuum pump to my 36 footer could I make a 32 footer with 3 slides out of it?
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote