Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2021, 02:23 PM   #21
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Carlos-- You did not state what year your 381TH is! It would help us all if we knew that and if it is a 2020 or 2021, it should be covered under warranty. It sounds like you took it to a Camping World instead of contacting your dealership you bought it from. This was a mistake on your part since most dealerships could care less if you did not purchase it from them. Your dealership should have been contacted immediately when it happened and if you are not near them they would need pictures of the damage that happened so they can send them on to Keystone to back any problems and work that may be needed. You have stated that your dealership has been contacted and that is a start but just make sure you have written or printed confirmation that they have contacted Keystone. If they have, they will have an authorization number to do the work on the unit IF it is still under warranty. Keep us informed on the outcome of your problem.

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:52 PM   #22
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuda22 View Post
Good afternoon everyone and thank you for you comments.

My unit is a 2020 Montana High Country 381TH that was purchased in Ma on Nov 2, 2020. I have traveled from Ma to TX and then from TX to Ma. I did not have an issue toying my motorcycle in the garage from Ma to Tx but I did have a problem from Tx to Florida. The subfloor underneath my rear motorcycle tire failed and caved in.

I have been in contact with Keystone RV and they will not cover it under warranty because, according to their Service team, I tied down my motorcycle too tightly.

In my research, from Keystone and online, the subflooring is made by 19/32nds of an inch OSB which is greater than a 1/2 inch but less than 5/8ths inch. There are only 3 joists that support the entire camper and are spaced out just under 20 inches apart. Had to make several calls to Keystone RV for answers regarding the weight capacity of the garage, which in 1500 lbs and I have yet received an answer to the weight tolerance of the "D" rings and if they are secured to the frame or just into the subfloor.

I will keep you posted as the saga continues.
I would get a piece of 3/4" pressure treated ply long enough to bridge at least 2 joists and better 3. Just screw it down and forget about Keystone helping you, they won't. Also either use better tie-downs with at least 6 screws or tied into metal joists.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:02 PM   #23
Kuda22

M.O.C. #28388
No they did not tell me that. It's an overall poor design to withstand any weight.
Kuda22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:03 PM   #24
Kuda22

M.O.C. #28388
Thank you. I plan on reinforcing after it is fixed by an authorized Keystone dealer. Wouldn't want to void any warranty.
Kuda22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:57 PM   #25
skippydoo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25725
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
That sounds typical for a Camping World response.
YEP They are awful
JMO of course
skippydoo is offline   Reply With Quote