Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2024, 08:02 PM   #1
cici
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #31797
campgrounds

Hello all,
I need suggestions for a children friendly campground in Connecticut with lots to do for a 6yr.4yr.2 yr.old grandbabies. with fun pools, maybe lazy river, park lots of activities TIA!!

cici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 06:20 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Not familiar with your area, but your most logical first search should be a KOA (Kampgrounds of America). They are designed for young families and usually have all kinds of activities, especially for younger children.

Here's a link to the Connecticut KOA site: Click here.

And then search out "Private Campgrounds".

But it sounds like what you are really looking for is an amusement park. You might be better off to camp at a State Park that is within driving distance of an amusement park and then just drive into that park for the day.

I don't know of any campground anywhere that has a "Lazy River." But many that is located within close proximity to a water park though. (But, Kansas City-Missouri, Santa Clause-Indiana, Cedar Point-Ohio, Kings Island-Cincinnati Ohio, Disney World-Florida, all might be a little stretch of a drive for you).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:04 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have never stayed at one, but Yogi Bear Jellystone RV parks are geared toward activities for children. Don’t know if there is one along your planned route or not.

https://www.campjellystone.com
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:32 AM   #4
CT Wanderer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19250
Strawberry Park in Preston CT is the most kid friendly campground in CT that I know of. I have not camped there but know of other Grandparents that take their Grandkids there because they have a lot to offer the kids. It is also located near the shore and Mystic which has beaches and attraction for little kids. Mystic Aquarium is a must to take kids to.Older kids and adults would enjoy Mystic Seaport.
https://www.strawberrypark.net
Old 03-28-2024, 09:35 AM   #5
cici
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #31797
ty so much
cici is offline   Reply With Quote