Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Basement Organization

In an attempt to prevent everything from being stacked on top of each other in the basement(pass through area) I am reorganizing. They are VERY MINOR fixes/modifications but I thought I would share them so others might share there modifications to make their basement more efficient. This is an area that can be a nightmare upon arrival when all you want to do is jump in your Monty and relax.

When we bought the Monty the pass through was like a giant purse with NO pockets! So I have made the following modifications:

1. After attempting to mouse proof this area I moved the spare tire 'thingy'(jack)to the passenger side of the trailer because I thought it was absolutely absurd for it to be on the driver's side when the mechanism is on the passenger side. So I removed the velcro pieces, switched them to above the cable tv boxes and added a piece of red velcro to lock it down.

2. Put our slide protector noodles to the spaces in between the beams on the ceiling of the basement using small bungees and eye hooks.

3. Cut down the top of the Surge Guard box, duct taped it for added durability, and velcroed it upright on the drivers side front corner. I then added a piece of velcro to the surge guard itself to keep it from bouncing around in the box.

4. Took two small pieces of 3" pipe, drilled holes through the pipe, and attached it to the front wall of the basement. We then slide the fishing rods through these pipe pieces and then add a small piece of velcro to keep the rod from bouncing around. It also keeps them up off the other stuff!

See...I think I spent $2.68 total! So please share your modifications...as I am sure they are much more advanced than mine. I have pictures if anyone is interested!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote