Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
drylaarsdam

M.O.C. #6175
No water pressure in city water system

I have a 2003 2955RL. When on city water, the faucets spit then there is nothing. If I disconnect the city water and use the fresh water tank with the pump, everything works well. Is there a check valve or back flow preventer in the city system that could be the problem. If so, where is it?
thanks

drylaarsdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
There is a check valve behind the screen where you hook the hose to the unit.Probably the screen is stopped up.
The check valve stops backflo into the hose and if you mess with it it may come apart.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Make sure you turn on the water supply up to the hose full blast right before it connect to the city water inlet of your trailer and test that your water supply is at a good pressure. I have had pressure regulators fail on me and prevent water flow.

Otherwise, it does sound like the check valve at the city water inlet that "awaywego" mentions.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Someone else had that problem last year and it turned out to be a bad hose where, I think, the inner liner separated from the outer casing. Try a different hose.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
drylaarsdam

M.O.C. #6175
Thanks for your input, the screen is clean and the hose functions well, I tested it before hooking to the fifth wheel. Does one have to completely remove the fixture that contains the city water hookup and the freshwater fill port from the fifthwheel to get to the checkvalve and perhaps replace the complete fixture?
Old 03-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
I had the inner hose collapse and got nothing out of the hose. I thought I was going nuts as I could feel the pressure at the nozzle but nothing at the end. I switch hoses and regained my sanity.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Take out the water filler and see if it will let water through if not go to the RV store and and buy a new one. The check valve is part of the filler.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hi David (Rylaarsdam),

Good to hear your hose is working great but this would have been the easy fix. This sure sounds like a check valve problem. I found a forum post that discussed this somewhat. Maybe this will help but be careful because this could be a $65 to $75 fix...

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ms=check,valve

Please keep us posted, because as you can see when you post your resolution, it can help others.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
drylaarsdam

M.O.C. #6175
Thanks for all your info. It was the check valve & I decided to just replace the whole fixture. All parts (the fixture, caulking etc) was about $80. Fortunately I was able to make the change, took about 15-20 minutes & all is well. The forum for information exchange is great, keep it up.