Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The above is pretty much like mine....but why??? We stripped it all the way across like every door I have seen. Hope we have not violated any engineering principles but we do note a decrease in cold air coming in under the door..At least we did not void he warranty

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:40 AM   #22
Antler
Established Member

M.O.C. #8956
I got a call to come pick up the trailer and will do that Monday.. The service manager said that he adjusted the door frame to fit the door.

I think I'll take a straight edge with me to check his work since the door was bowed atleast a quarter of an inch. Making some assumptions.. a fix that doesn't include making the door and frame both straight and plumb is not much of a fix. What do you guys think?
Antler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #23
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Antler

I got a call to come pick up the trailer and will do that Monday.. The service manager said that he adjusted the door frame to fit the door.

I think I'll take a straight edge with me to check his work since the door was bowed atleast a quarter of an inch. Making some assumptions.. a fix that doesn't include making the door and frame both straight and plumb is not much of a fix. What do you guys think?
As long as the edges match up to the door frame to keep the skeeters and flies out, that's what would matter to me.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

The above is pretty much like mine....but why??? We stripped it all the way across like every door I have seen. Hope we have not violated any engineering principles but we do note a decrease in cold air coming in under the door..At least we did not void he warranty
The only thing I can think of is, it may be so a slight propane leak could escape and not build up, or maybe it's just for humidity ventilation. Other than that, I have no clue.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #24
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I still haven't had time to get mine to the shop. I am going to try next week.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #25
Antler
Established Member

M.O.C. #8956
We got our trailer home today, and I checked the seal with a dollar bill, while the door looks bent, it seems to be sealing OK. I guess I'm good with it as long as the door continues to seal properly.

I notice the bottom of the door is also sealed as described above. I suppose those gaps are to allow moisture to escape at the bottom should the trailer fill up with water.

Antler is offline   Reply With Quote