Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Service Recommendation Request

I would like to have the brakes and wheel bearings serviced on my 07 Monty and will be in the Mission TX area this winter. I would appreciate any suggestions as to a reliable shop that would do this in the Mission area. Also any thoughts on costs would be appreciated. Thanks.

berridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:26 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I can strongly recommend a place in Middlebury, Indiana. We stop on our way down or back from McAllen, Texas, depending on the mileage we have on the rig. I know of a number of members that use this service shop for maintenance on their rigs. Keystone and other RV manufacturers send their warranty repair overflow to this shop.
Since you are from Ontario, as Ontmont and ourselves are, this isn't too far out of your way to go to on your way down or back. The place is Fox RV Inc. 13431 CR 22 in Middlebury, In. You will need an appointment. Larry Fox's phone number is 1-877-349-6978. Larry will provide hook-up (Hydro & water if needed) for overnight while you are there for service.
I would stay away from Goodings RV in Mission to obtain any kind of service. I have never seen such an arrogant dealer. I had an appointment for my black tank replacement last winter in Nov. When we left in April, it still wasn't fixed. I finally got it replaced in Ontario.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:18 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Bill and Ann, I STRONGLY agree Goodings RV in Mission Tx. The Manager told many different lie's to me and standing in front of him. I have no idea how he stays in business, the most dishonorable person I have ever met. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:52 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Fox RV - - - does not get much better than Larry Fox!! He is fair, has a great staff.

We buy parts from Goodings, and do our own work.

We had our wheel bearings packed, and the brakes checked, here in our county by a local man who has a shop. He specialized in welding, trailer repairs and general mechanical type things. He was not a RV repair shop or dealer, just a good local mechanic. He was very reasonable as well on pricing. Al went over there and checked out the operation first, to be sure we could get Tana in there, etc. Al would take Tana back there again.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:38 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I know that you are looking for input from someone that has been there, done that. I can't help out in that aspect, but I did a search on 'mission, tx rv repair' and got a lot of hits, including a Camping World. To my knowledge, Camping World does good work. I don't know if they do brakes, but it's worth a call and try, and for any warranty, they are spread around the country.

I would look for a chain-repair, like Camping World, etc. just for any follow-up problems.

It also helps to have a good attitude when you shop around.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:19 AM   #6
Montyman
Established Member

M.O.C. #8786
Have to agree about Gooding RV service in Mission, TX. Called there to inquire about possible warrenty service on our new Montana as we will be in the RGV for the winter. The manager replied, and I quote; "we do em if we have time." He sounded pretty arrogant and not interested in any new customers.He lost my business due to his unfriendly attitude. Looks like we'll be going to Camping World for repair service while in the RGV.
Thanks for the "heads up", another good reason to subscribe to the MOC Forum.

Montyman
Montyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #7
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
We had to replace the springs on the Monty when we were in the RGV and I would highly recommend the service we got at Camco Wheel and Axle in McAllen. I think they would do you proud.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Camping World in Mission stays very busy, call ahead and make a appointment. We have used Camping World many times and have had good luck with them Good Luck. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:24 AM   #9
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Need I say more about Gooding RV? How do folks like this stay in business? I stopped in there about a year and a half ago to talk to them about getting a piece for our bicycle rack that was missing(Mountaineer has a slide out rack). The service manager wanted to argue (rudely) with me that there was no such thing on the Mountaineer. Just so happened they had one on the lot. I walked over and slid it out. He was astonished. Wonder what else he doesn't know?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:49 AM   #10
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Thanks all for the service ideas. Sounds as if Goodings is a definite miss. I have dealt with them but only to pick up a recliner that had been sent there on a warranty exchange.
berridge is offline   Reply With Quote