Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2007, 02:41 AM   #1
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Manatee Hammock, Titusville, Florida

We just spent a two day nightmare at this Campground, owned and operated by Brevard County. First the only good thing, the restrooms were very clean. Next, we made our reservations on the 7th of January as soon as we learned that we had a long weekend, I told the person that took the call that I had a 39' fifth wheel with an F350 long bed crew cab so I would like a pull through if they had one. She told me that they had a cancellation and they had a site for me, I paid in advance with my credit card for the two days. We got there on the 12th, the first thing that got my attention was that when you pull in off Hwy 1, there is barely enough room for a small trailer let alone a 3400RL being pulled by a large pickup. We went into the registration office and they told us to go right to our site and come back to register, they gave us directions. Well we arrived at the site and as you can guess there was a motor home sitting in our site not yet set up but no one was around. I called the office and they came down and said there must have been a mixup. I agreed and they told me to come back to the office and directed me to the trail back, if you have been to Disney and know how tight it is, Disney is like a freeway compared to this place. I came to an impossible intersection and was trying to squeeze around the corner, Mama was on the right side I was watching the left and there was a couple of snowbirds standing there watching. I made it past the bottom of the tree but while trying to dodge the fire extinguisher box almoost touching my right front fender the tree reached out an gently kissed the top edge of the roof just above the point where the rubber meets the side. I used a few choice words and with some tight jockeying managed to get around the corner and back to the office. My gripe? I paid in advance for that slot because it was a pull through, they put me in another slot with a view of a camper no matter which window I looked out, but almost all of the slots are like that because they pack them in like sardines. Attitude of the park employees that I spoke with was, unsympathetic to say the least. Cost to replace the rubber roof $4,750.00 of which I have to pay $500.00. I am not telling anyone not to go to this campground but I spoke with several people who were not happy with the place, one Montana owner was in a slot that was so close her back window was about four feet from the back window of the camper behind them. If you are a snowbird and looking for cheap rates they charge $22.00 a night with a 25% discount if you reserve for 30 days or more. Actually the snowbirds that stay for three or four months get a cheaper rate than the residents and taxpayers of Brevard county.

Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
We go there all the time...and we like it , but we dont go there during snow bird season. way too crowded during this time frame. And your right, its tight in there, so night time arrival is not recommeded
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote