Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Arts & Crafts
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
What I Did On My Summer Vacation

One of the few things I have not like about our Monty is the valance over the door to the outside. I don't have valances over the doors in my stick house and want my Monty to seem like a home. What I really wanted to put there instead was something wood using the great Montana medallions that are on the inside facing of the slides. But since I don't know how to make it out of wood, I made something I know how to do. It helped that we were in Northern Arizona while I was creating this. Now don't you think Ozz's new lamps would look great with this?
Happy trails...........................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Beautiful Sue!!! Great creative idea!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
That is so clever! I do think Ozz's lamps would be great with this.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's wonderful, Sue. Now you and Ozz have to figure out if you should give your creation to Ozz or he should give his lamps to you!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Sue That is soooo nice, that is another thing that I have not liked in my montana is that they put the same things everywhere. You know like the same grape design in the bathroom and in the Kitchen. I love what you did.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sue,

That is gorgeous! Our door is in the back by the wall lamps next to the chairs, so your valance and Ozz's lights would tie in great!

Ozz just got out of Vegas, maybe he's still feeling lucky and you could draw cards with him for his lights!

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
I'm a pretty good poker player, maybe that would work. Either that or when I get to MO, I'm gonna sneak in there and help myself. I'll just give Jim a few cold ones first!
Happy trails............................
Old 10-13-2006, 02:50 AM   #8
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Hey Sue, I too think your door valance looks pretty neat, and yes Ozz' lights would accent it well.
The parrot in the window is also cool. Is it painted on? Have you seen these? http;//www.go-rv.com/catalog/RV/141.jpg I never have, but I don't normally look at stuff like that,lol.

On Edit - That didn't work very well. Try this instead, and go to page 141 in the catalog.

www.sisemoretraveland.com
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:26 AM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Yes I have seen the parrot lights. We use to hang lights that I had made on the awning but they got old so we went with the strip lights. The glass in the door is a custom made stained glass (real). The lady that made it was featured in Trailer Life in June or July of 2005. She lives in Reno and since we were going to the rally in Minden, I contacted her. She came up to the rally and showed us her windows. She and I emailed and mailed designs back and forth and "Mac" was the end result. He is a Macaw and we receive a lot of compliments and questions about it. It was real easy to replace the window in the door. When we were in West Yellowstone this summer, a MOC member spotted the window and recoginzed it from when I first posted a picture when we put it in. She stopped and visited with us. The window was a bit expensive but we have really enjoyed it and I am glad we spent the money as it does make our rig unique.

Happy trails..........................
Old 10-13-2006, 09:10 AM   #10
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Sue, That is absolutely beautiful!! You do really nice work.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sue,

That is so fabulous! I think the picture you just posted should go in a magazine. Have you ever tried to submit it?

We just had 6 stained glass windows done for our stick house last fall. I never thought to consider the RV! I love displaying the works of uniquely talented people. I hope you don't mind, I copied the photo and sent it to my DW at work.

Couple of questions:

Is the stained glass piece the only pane, or is there another solid glass in front or behind the stained glass?

What is the round object barely showing above your door valance in your first picture? Light perhaps?

Brad

Old 10-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Brad
No other glass. She makes the stained glass just the right size and you just take out all the screws and the original glass and drop the stained glass right in. She has a trailer and has had hers in for over 5 years with kids slaming the door with no problems. The round thing right at the top of the first picture is our clock - came with the Monty. We are going to move it to over the washer/dryer closet and put one of our really neat Indian Chief/wolf/eagle pictures up there. We met the artist at a craft fair and paid $50 for the picture unframed and then $250 to have it matted and framed - nuts huh?
Thanks for the good words. If you want Christina's email, PM me.
Happy trails....................
Old 10-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #13
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sue,

I think I have a few pictures around here I paid more for frames than the picture - not nuts at all . Thanks for the info - I'll probably be loyal to the gal that did our house, as she did a wonderful job and I can just hand her the glass for a template. Now to start a design!

Great post - multiple ideas in this one.
Brad
Old 10-14-2006, 04:09 AM   #14
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Duh, I just stumbled on this, too much night life here in Vegas...
Susie-Q, it's beautiful, both the glass and your personal art work.
I have to get my Sue to see this. If we ever get together, I will assist you and your hubby, and we will get your lights installed.
Take care, Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:27 AM   #15
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Sue - you have a great talent..It was wonderful to see the picture's. I hope to see it in person one day.
safe travels to you both John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote