Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
2006 3000RK

We just wanted to introduce ourselves to everyone. We recently bought the new Montana 3000RK and we absolutely love it! This is our 1st RV and we will most definatly need your help and advise on things! It's comforting to know you're there! And hopefully our adventures will help you out too. We've been reading on this site for a little while, but just now have some time to respond. We own a ceramic tile store and it takes up alot of our time. Since we got our Monty, we have been "camping" at the lake on our property. Our friends say "That is NOT camping!" This "Camper RV 5th Wheel" is nicer than our house! We keep tring to find something wrong with it but we can't. There have been things go wrong, but no fault of the Monty itself. It was mostly self inflicted. Except for the front door lock -- got home one night, went to unlock the door but all we did was bend the key in half! We were glad that the laundry chute was where it is -- after a few whiskeys, it was kinda fun!! The new lock works great! Then there was the time we found out how much wind the canopy can really take. (Parts are on the way) We've also learned to check to make sure that the drawer under the fridge has not come open before we slide out!! (That's fixed now) Oh, and NEVER leave the unfinished bottle of wine in the fridge! The non slip stuff is great for the cabinets, drawers and between breakable things. Would also like to tell you about Northgate RV Center in Ringgold, GA. We had been to the RV Show in Atlanta and looked at every one. Didn't like any of them really. Until we went to Northgate, we hadn't seen the Montana. They were fantastic people to work with. They gave us so much information and made buying our Montana a great experience!! We would highly recommend them to everyone. Well, gotta go for now, we'll be in touch. Since we only have weekends for now, we need to find places within 4 to 5 hours from us. Has anyone been to the Stone Mountain RV Park? Talk to y'all later!!!

Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Welcome to the MOC. We do hope you enjoy the club and the new Montana as much as we do.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #3
Montana_4221
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4221
Welcome Dano,
You picked a nice fifthwheel. We bought from Northgate as well. Great dealership and great people to deal with for service too. Sounds like you may have found that out already. There are alot of nice campgrounds in our area. Haven't been to Stone Mt.,but Fort Mtn.State park is one you may want to check out. Chester Frost Park in Hixson, Tn. is nice and I would definitely reccomend it.

Let us know about Stone Mtn. if you go. We have been thinking about going there.

Army Corps of Engineer CG's in Georgia are real nice too.
Montana_4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:00 PM   #4
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Welcome Dano, this is a great place to gain knowledge, just jump right in.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #5
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
Welcome, sounds like she is "broke" in now. As for Stone Mountain haven't been there but thsi is only my first year RV'ing let alone Fulltiming.
drifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #6
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
Welcome to MOC. Really like your new model - like your truck even more. Yes, experience is the best teacher. Your comment on the canopy and wind reminds me to pass along the advise to always lower one end of the canopy when you are going to be away for a few hours or overnight. If it happens to rain it could create a "pond" on the top and the weight of the water (8 lbs. per gal.) could and will bend the roller or rip the fabric. Ask me how I know !! Enjoy the new toys.
palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Welcome. Sounds like you are off to a great start. And don't feel bad about those few little mistakes - we've all made some along the way. Awning - yes. Wine - yes. Lock - yes (our whole deadbolt came out). Drawer (in the end table) - yes. So you see, you are not alone. Hopefully the great people here on the forum will help you from making too many more "goofs".
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:53 AM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Montana. Haven't seen that new model yet, but it sounds great. There are plenty of great folks here on the forum to help you with the learning experience. Enjoy.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:04 PM   #9
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Welcome to the forum Dano & we have camped at Stone Mt. in 1999 a great campground. We were in a tent & variments chewed thru the zipper to get to food. But a nice Park.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #10
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome and congrats on the new unit!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Dano to the MOC family.

We were at Stone Mountain Park spring 2004. Here's a web page I threw together of the area. Scroll down the page and take a close look at the campsite we were in. As you can see the site was kind of narrow and we could only sit out to the rear of the trailer but the view was worth it. Few of the wooded sites were level and will require some blocking to get level that is if you carry enough blockage. Our neighbors left tires and left front jack were sitting on 4- 2X8's each but he had a terrific view. He had been there before and came in prepared. Ask if you can take a drive through before being given a site.
We would definitely stay there again but we would also take a much closer look at the sites available.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #12
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Welcome from the Trailer Trash family and there dog. happy RV'en.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:41 AM   #13
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Welcome and have fun!!! This is a great bunch of people and you will learn a lot! I have and really appreciate it. The laundry chute is really great, just wait till you leave it open and forget and have an armful of stuff going upstairs and a couple of Black Velvets on board. Not Fun!!!
Rick and Phyllis Trent and Gizmo
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #14
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Welcome to the group. Are you in those ice storms I'm seeing on the news?
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:47 AM   #15
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
Dennis & Leona, We have been lucky with the ice so far. Most of that last storm was north of us. There were a few slick spots this morning. We live in Franklin GA and our ceramic tile store is in Newnan. Last February though, we had a bad ice storm! There were literally hundreds of trees snapped off on our property. It sounded like the 4th of July!! Very scarey (especially when we just HAD to take a walk) Lisa almost had a tree top fall on her! How are the winters in Idaho?

Rick & Phyllis, Hey, Black Velvet is our brand too!!
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:13 AM   #16
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Dano, welcome to MOC! Marsha and I live outside of Athens and actually drove over to Stone Mountain Park back in April when we learned padredw and countrygirl would be there. We had a wonderful Sunday afternoon together, but I really was not overly impressed with the campground, especially at the prices the park commands. Give me a Georgia or SC state park!

We have had the ice here, but it has not been bad. Only a few trees have fallen and no power outages directly around us. When I arrived at work this morning, however, the parking lot was coated with a layer of ice.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:45 AM   #17
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
Don't know about the 3000RK? Not list on the Keystone site? How is the floor plan set up? You will find this forum very helpfull.
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:13 PM   #18
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Dano,
Up untill this year they have been mild in the Boise area. But this year is cold. I've lived in the Brunswick area twice when I was in the Navy. I really feel at home in Southern Georgia nad Northern Florida, maybe someday soon.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote